Vogue's Best Dressed: Sari special
Even without any big Bollywood weddings to open 2013, a whole lot of celebrities are choosing the sari over a gown for their red carpet appearances this year.
Traditional threads - In Sabyasachi after Sabyasachi, Vidya Balan showed off her exhaustive repertoire of traditional silks six-yard staples by the Kolkata designer, even making a cotton sari look red carpet appropriate.
Sexy sheer sari - The ethnic equivalent of a glamorous evening gown is the embellished sheer sari. No wonder it’s a Bollywood favourite! We had more Sabyasachis, but sheer ones this time, on Kajol, Sridevi and Jacqueline Fernandes.
Printed parade - The quirky printed sari became really popular by the end of 2012 and judging from what we’ve seen in the last few months, that trend is not going to die down anytime soon. Masaba’s prints in particular found many fans.
Modern touches - Manish Malhotra has given his saris a younger, trendier vibe this season by using neon accents, as seen on Priyanka Chopra and Kajol at his 100 Years of Cinema Mumbai fashion week show in March. For more sari styling inspiration, watch Vogue's Trend Therapy with Anaita video. And if you liked this post, Tweet it with #VogueLovesSari
You may also like:
- KXIP won by 7 wkts.vs. KXIPRAJMatch 7Sun, Apr 20, 2014Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- DEL won by 4 wkts.vs. DELKOLMatch 6Sat, Apr 19, 2014Dubai, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- BLR won by 7 wkts.vs. MUMBLRMatch 5Sat, Apr 19, 2014Dubai, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. DELCHEMatch 8Mon, Apr 21, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- Upcoming matchvs. SRHKXIPMatch 9Tue, Apr 22, 2014Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- vs. CHERAJMatch 10Wed, Apr 23, 2014Wed, Apr 23, 2014Dubai, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
Latest Photo Albums
Ganguly says yes to football, Umar Akmal gets hooked, royal treat for cricket, action from IPL and more. More » Cricket Photos of The Week 20.4.14
All the noteworthy cricket quotes this month. More » Soundbyte — April 2014
Praveen Kumar is one of only two bowlers to have bowled wicket-maiden overs five times. Fifteen numbers from the Indian Twenty20 League. (Text: ESPNcricinfo) More » Key numbers from IPL
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge show off their cricket skills in Christchurch. More » Cricket gets royal treatment
Celebrations in Sri Lanka, gloom in India. More » Cricket Photos of The Week 13.4.14
The victorious Sri Lanka and Australia women's teams get a rousing welcome after their WT20 exploits in Bangladesh. More » World Twenty20 Celebrations
The victorious Australia women's team and Lasith Malinga from the Sri Lanka men's team pose with their spoils after the ICC World Twenty20. More » WT20: The Winner's Photocall