Vogue Cookbook: Decadence Dessert
With January almost over, it's time to give up your detox and treat yourself with some food indulgences. Forget everything else, this Decadence dessert is only for that purest breed of chocolate lovers. Created by the chefs at Four Seasons Hotel, Mumbai, the chocolate dessert will be available at San-Qi and Café Prato for only a week. True chocolate connoisseurs should try this fairly simple recipe at home, after all with Valentine's Day just round the corner you never know who you'd need to impress.
Ingredients for White chocolate mousse:
Cream – 100ml
Gelatin – 4 gm
Valrhona chocolate (ivoire) – 250 gm
- Whip the cream
- Soak the gelatin in cold water
- Melt the chocolate and add the gelatin until dissolved
- Fold in the whipped cream and refrigerate until required
Ingredients for Chocolate sorbet:
Milk – 400 gm
Sugar – 200 gm
Valrhona cocoa powder – 100gm
Valrhona chocolate (manjari 70%) – 100 gm
- Place the milk and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to the boil
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients until dissolved
- Allow to cool, then churn in an ice cream machine. Freeze until required
Ingredients for Chocolate brownie:
Eggs (whole) – 4 pc
Butter – 150 gm
Flour – 300 gm
Hazelnuts – 200 gm
Baking powder – 5 gm
Caster sugar – 400 gm
Valrhona chocolate (caraibe 66%) – 250 gm
- Cream the butter and sugar until the sugar is dissolved and is light and fluffy
- Slowly add the eggs one by one.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
Ingredients for Chocolate tart:
Sugar – 100 gm
Butter – 250 gm
Egg (yolk) – 4 pc
Sweet pastry – 1 pc
Valrhona chocolate (caraibe 66%) – 250 gm
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a water bath
- Combine the sugar and egg yolks and whisk over heat until they become light and fluffy
- Gently fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture
- Then pour into a baked sweet pastry tart
- Place in the oven at 100 degrees C for 5 minutes
- Allow to cool before slicing
You may also like:
- NZ won by 19 runsvs. NZIND4th ODIWed, Oct 26, 2016Ranchi, IndiaNew Zealand in India ODI S...
- PAK won by 133 runsvs. WIPAK2nd TestFri, Oct 21, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies Te...
- ENG won by 22 runsvs. ENGBAN1st TestThu, Oct 20, 2016Chittagong, BangladeshEngland in Bangladesh Test...
- live match ENG 50/3 (12.3 Overs)vs. ENGBAN2nd TestLIVEBAN 220/10;Mirpur, BangladeshEngland in Bangladesh Test...
Latest Photo Albums
A look at the top 10 ODI captains in cricketing history in terms of number of matches won.
Note -- Steve Waugh misses the cut because, although he has a high winning percentage, he has only 67 wins.More » 10 most successful ODI captains of all time
Images from the practice sessions of India and New Zealand ahead of the second ODI in New Delhi. More » India & New Zealand practice at Kotla
India's veteran leg-spinner Anil Kumble, who is the coach of the Indian cricket team, celebrates his birthday on October 17.More » 10 things you probably didn't know about Anil Kumble
Here are 10 important facts you should know about him.
The five-match series begins at Dharamsala on October 16, 2016 More » India-New Zealand gear up for ODI series
We take a look at players from both India and New Zealand who can grab eyeballs in the 5-match ODI series.
We take a look at our country's finest sportsmen, but in a different avatar all together. Here, take a look. More » Sportspersons in uniforms of a different kind
This week: Stellar Miller sets Durban alight, Kohli back among runs, Prince Harry tries his hand at cricket, and tempers flare in Dhaka. More » Cricket photos of the week (Oct 02-09)
Pakistani batsman Babar Azam hit his third consecutive ton to enter the elite club of players who have done so before. He had earlier scored 123 and 120 in the second and first ODI respectively against West Indies. He is the third Pakistani to have achived the rare feat. Let's take a look … More » Cricketers who have scored three consecutive tons in ODIs
We take a look at some interesting statistics and figures from India's match against New Zealand at Kanpur. This was India's 130th Test win and 88th win at home. More » In numbers: India's 500th Test match vs New Zealand