Videos: Varanasi, India's throbbing heart of faith
Varanasi, also known as Benaras and Kashi, is a city on the banks of the Ganga river in eastern Uttar Pradesh, northern India. It has the distinction of being the one of the world's oldest continuously inhabited cities. To Hindus and Jains, it is the holiest of the seven sacred cities. It is also believed to be the city to die in. Death in Varanasi, the fervent believe, is akin to a passport to paradise. Many spiritual leaders and religious scholars have hailed from Varanasi. The Buddha gave his first sermon at Sarnath near Varanasi. Varanasi is also home to the Benares gharana of Hindustani classical music.
Enjoy these videos from India's holiest city.
- NZ won by 19 runsvs. NZIND4th ODIWed, Oct 26, 2016Ranchi, IndiaNew Zealand in India ODI S...
- PAK won by 133 runsvs. WIPAK2nd TestFri, Oct 21, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies Te...
- ENG won by 22 runsvs. ENGBAN1st TestThu, Oct 20, 2016Chittagong, BangladeshEngland in Bangladesh Test...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGBAN2nd TestFri, Oct 28, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshEngland in Bangladesh Test...
- vs. SLZIM1st TestSat, Oct 29, 2016Sat, Oct 29, 2016Harare, ZimbabweSri Lanka in Zimbabwe Test...
- vs. NZIND5th ODISat, Oct 29, 2016Sat, Oct 29, 2016Visakhapatnam, IndiaNew Zealand in India ODI S...
Latest Photo Albums
A look at the top 10 ODI captains in cricketing history in terms of number of matches won.
Note -- Steve Waugh misses the cut because, although he has a high winning percentage, he has only 67 wins.More » 10 most successful ODI captains of all time
Images from the practice sessions of India and New Zealand ahead of the second ODI in New Delhi. More » India & New Zealand practice at Kotla
India's veteran leg-spinner Anil Kumble, who is the coach of the Indian cricket team, celebrates his birthday on October 17.More » 10 things you probably didn't know about Anil Kumble
Here are 10 important facts you should know about him.
The five-match series begins at Dharamsala on October 16, 2016 More » India-New Zealand gear up for ODI series
We take a look at players from both India and New Zealand who can grab eyeballs in the 5-match ODI series.
We take a look at our country's finest sportsmen, but in a different avatar all together. Here, take a look. More » Sportspersons in uniforms of a different kind
This week: Stellar Miller sets Durban alight, Kohli back among runs, Prince Harry tries his hand at cricket, and tempers flare in Dhaka. More » Cricket photos of the week (Oct 02-09)
Pakistani batsman Babar Azam hit his third consecutive ton to enter the elite club of players who have done so before. He had earlier scored 123 and 120 in the second and first ODI respectively against West Indies. He is the third Pakistani to have achived the rare feat. Let's take a look … More » Cricketers who have scored three consecutive tons in ODIs
We take a look at some interesting statistics and figures from India's match against New Zealand at Kanpur. This was India's 130th Test win and 88th win at home. More » In numbers: India's 500th Test match vs New Zealand