Venice Carnival - A Pageant of Colour
Venice was once the pleasure capital of Europe and it truly deserves to be so. The romantic city is prismatic and the beauty of Venice is enhanced during the carnival. Witnessing the oldest carnival recorded in history is at once trance-inducing and overwhelming. Confetti-strewn cobbled streets, face paintings at city squares, live baroque music echoing from Patrician houses, and people in carnival masks and costumes remind you that you are in the land of Giacomo Casanova, where each nook and cranny whispers a tale.
Though the 15-day bacchanal ends with the Lent period before Easter, celebrations never end here and the warmth of the fiesta lingers even after the costumes and masks have been packed away.
About the photographer:
SHAYANTANI SARKAR has lived across the length and breadth of India, but spent her initial years in Kolkata, a city that influenced her deeply. A passionate photographer and traveler, she relishes good food and grooves to Latin music. She is happily employed in the IT industry and loves reading Paulo Coelho.
Read her related guest blog post Venice Carnival - In Love with Color
More galleries by Shayantani Sarkar:
Istanbul - Where Asia and Europe Meet
Kolkata, Calcutta - Revisiting the City of Joy
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
1 - 4 of 41
- vs. KOLMUMMatch 1Wed, Apr 16, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- SL won by 6 wkts.vs. INDSLFinalSun, Apr 06, 2014Mirpur, BangladeshWorld Twenty20, 2014...
- IND won by 6 wkts.vs. SAIND2nd Semi FinalFri, Apr 04, 2014Mirpur, BangladeshWorld Twenty20, 2014...
- No live matches are in progress.
- vs. BLRDELMatch 2Thu, Apr 17, 2014Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- Upcoming matchvs. KXIPCHEMatch 3Fri, Apr 18, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- Upcoming matchvs. RAJSRHMatch 4Fri, Apr 18, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...