Upgrade your beach cred
At the beach it might seem like no one gives a damn, but trust us – they are judging you from behind those shades.
Walk like a gringo, by mixing your beachwear with your street wear. For example – go for sandals, but pair them with long cotton trousers and a long-sleeve perforated crew neck in all-white Corneliani style. To mix the best of both worlds in a more decadent way, go for the tropical palm tree print blazer by Canali, and become the centre of your Jamaican cocktail party by mixing beach-y vibes, with inner-city cool.
Surf shorts are a beach bum's answer to the three-piece suit. Get 'm short, all the way up to your mid-thigh, or opt for a knee-length model featuring an elaborate print. Think that shorts with Hawaiian prints are starting to get a little played-out? Then step it up with the Sicilian prints by Dolce & Gabbana, or alternatively the white knee shorts from Just Cavalli, which come in a blue print that looks like the lower-back tattoo of your summer hook-up.
We already gave them a quick shout-out earlier, now it's time to break it down. Invest in a good pair of sandals for summer – think of them as the Oxfords of summer-wear. A proper sandal goes a long way, so forget about the rubber v-strap – we're talking Made-in-Italy calfskin by Emporio Armani, additionally upgraded by tassels and a tortoise shell print. Then there's also the Givenchy Jesus-inspired pair with chain detailing that’s caught our eye, in part because of the rubber sole that makes it an eligible partner for your urban wear as well.
A classic aviator lens is never a bad choice, but if you really want to face the sun like a peacock, opt for something more contemporary – like mirrored-lens coloured shades. In case you got baggage, handle things big with Gucci's oversized bag in a beach-proof canvas, defined by a bright range of colours – with a masculine shape of course, which makes sporting that bright shade totally legit.
- Declan Eytan
You may also like:
REVIEW: SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
The HOTTEST WOMEN OF CANNES
5 BEST SMARTPHONES
- vs. AUSIREOne-off ODIThu, Aug 27, 2015Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAustralia in Ireland ODI S...
- vs. NZSA3rd ODIWed, Aug 26, 2015Durban, South AfricaNew Zealand in South Afric...
- vs. INDSL2nd TestThu, Aug 20, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- live match IND 228/7 (80 Overs)vs. INDSL3rd TestLIVECurrent Run Rate 2.85Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- vs. AUSENGOne-off T20IMon, Aug 31, 2015Mon, Aug 31, 2015Cardiff, EnglandAustralia in England T20 S...
- vs. AUSENG1st ODIThu, Sep 03, 2015Thu, Sep 03, 2015Southampton, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- vs. AUSENG2nd ODISat, Sep 05, 2015Sat, Sep 05, 2015London, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
Latest Photo Albums
Action images from the England vs Australia Test match. More » Ashes, 5th Test at The Oval
Action images from Trent Bridge, Nottingham. More » 4th Ashes Test
Action images from Harare. More » Zimbabwe vs India, 1st ODI
The former India captain turns 43 on July 8, 2015. [CYCSPL] More » Sourav Ganguly: Over The Years