Upgrade your beach cred
At the beach it might seem like no one gives a damn, but trust us – they are judging you from behind those shades.
Walk like a gringo, by mixing your beachwear with your street wear. For example – go for sandals, but pair them with long cotton trousers and a long-sleeve perforated crew neck in all-white Corneliani style. To mix the best of both worlds in a more decadent way, go for the tropical palm tree print blazer by Canali, and become the centre of your Jamaican cocktail party by mixing beach-y vibes, with inner-city cool.
Surf shorts are a beach bum's answer to the three-piece suit. Get 'm short, all the way up to your mid-thigh, or opt for a knee-length model featuring an elaborate print. Think that shorts with Hawaiian prints are starting to get a little played-out? Then step it up with the Sicilian prints by Dolce & Gabbana, or alternatively the white knee shorts from Just Cavalli, which come in a blue print that looks like the lower-back tattoo of your summer hook-up.
We already gave them a quick shout-out earlier, now it's time to break it down. Invest in a good pair of sandals for summer – think of them as the Oxfords of summer-wear. A proper sandal goes a long way, so forget about the rubber v-strap – we're talking Made-in-Italy calfskin by Emporio Armani, additionally upgraded by tassels and a tortoise shell print. Then there's also the Givenchy Jesus-inspired pair with chain detailing that’s caught our eye, in part because of the rubber sole that makes it an eligible partner for your urban wear as well.
A classic aviator lens is never a bad choice, but if you really want to face the sun like a peacock, opt for something more contemporary – like mirrored-lens coloured shades. In case you got baggage, handle things big with Gucci's oversized bag in a beach-proof canvas, defined by a bright range of colours – with a masculine shape of course, which makes sporting that bright shade totally legit.
- Declan Eytan
You may also like:
REVIEW: SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
The HOTTEST WOMEN OF CANNES
5 BEST SMARTPHONES
- BAN won by 3 wkts.vs. SLBANSuper League 3rd-4thSat, Feb 13, 2016Fatullah, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- SA won by 1 wktvs. ENGSA4th ODIFri, Feb 12, 2016Johannesburg, South AfricaEngland in South Africa OD...
- IND won by 69 runsvs. SLIND2nd T20IFri, Feb 12, 2016Ranchi, IndiaSri Lanka in India T20 Ser...
- live match NZ 106/1 (30 Overs)vs. AUSNZ1st TestLIVEAUS 562/10; NZ 183/10;Wellington, New ZealandTrans-Tasman Trophy, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. INDWISuper League FinalSun, Feb 14, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGSA5th ODISun, Feb 14, 2016Cape Town, South AfricaEngland in South Africa OD...
- Upcoming matchvs. IREUAE1st T20ISun, Feb 14, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIreland vs United Arab Emi...
Latest Photo Albums
Action images from JSCA Stadium, Ranchi. More » India vs Sri Lanka, 2nd T20
Action images from the Wanderers, Johannesburg. More » South Africa vs England, 4th ODI
Action images from the Basin Reserve, Wellington. More » New Zealand vs Australia, 1st Test
Action images from Pune. More » India vs Sri Lanka, 1st T20
Action images from the SuperSport Park, Centurion. More » South Africa vs England, 3rd ODI
Action images from Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein. More » South Africa vs England, 1st ODI
Action images from the Sydney Cricket Ground. More » Australia vs India, 3rd T20
Action images from the Melbourne Cricket Ground. More » Australia vs India, 2nd T20
Cricket Australia's Oscar night. More » Allan Border Medal Ceremony 2016
Action images from the Centurion Test. More » South Africa vs England, 4th Test
Action images from the Sydney Cricket Ground. More » Australia vs India, 5th ODI