The Style Guide: Luxury Fashion Essentials
Coco Chanel, the goddess of style herself, once remarked that fashion changes but style endures.
In exploring the horizons of what defines great style, Yahoo! India and I will take you on a tour of the most delectable items on the #desiremap.
This week, lets take a beginner's look at luxury fashion essentials. What is luxury? Put simply, and in the words of Ms. Chanel - “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.”
Simplicity, elgegance and beauty should characterise design, form and function. From the world aroud us, the streets to our shoes, these are the markers of style. In whirlwind lifestyles and split-second uploads, first impressions are made quicker than ever. And your style is what speaks first, and loudest. "Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.” No points for guessing who said that.
So here are 5 fashion essentials to get you started. Begin with the basics, and as we go along, we'll build you a sense of style you didn't know you had. Watch this space for an exciting new Style Guide every week.
By Anna Mynx.
- vs. AUSIREOne-off ODIThu, Aug 27, 2015Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAustralia in Ireland ODI S...
- vs. NZSA3rd ODIWed, Aug 26, 2015Durban, South AfricaNew Zealand in South Afric...
- vs. INDSL2nd TestThu, Aug 20, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- vs. INDSL3rd TestLIVEIND 312/10,274/10; SL 201/10;Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- vs. AUSENGOne-off T20IMon, Aug 31, 2015Cardiff, EnglandAustralia in England T20 S...
- vs. AUSENG1st ODIThu, Sep 03, 2015Thu, Sep 03, 2015Southampton, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- vs. AUSENG2nd ODISat, Sep 05, 2015Sat, Sep 05, 2015London, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
Latest Photo Albums
Action images from the England vs Australia Test match. More » Ashes, 5th Test at The Oval
Action images from Trent Bridge, Nottingham. More » 4th Ashes Test
Action images from Harare. More » Zimbabwe vs India, 1st ODI
The former India captain turns 43 on July 8, 2015. [CYCSPL] More » Sourav Ganguly: Over The Years