The Style Guide: Luxury Fashion Essentials
Coco Chanel, the goddess of style herself, once remarked that fashion changes but style endures.
In exploring the horizons of what defines great style, Yahoo! India and I will take you on a tour of the most delectable items on the #desiremap.
This week, lets take a beginner's look at luxury fashion essentials. What is luxury? Put simply, and in the words of Ms. Chanel - “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.”
Simplicity, elgegance and beauty should characterise design, form and function. From the world aroud us, the streets to our shoes, these are the markers of style. In whirlwind lifestyles and split-second uploads, first impressions are made quicker than ever. And your style is what speaks first, and loudest. "Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.” No points for guessing who said that.
So here are 5 fashion essentials to get you started. Begin with the basics, and as we go along, we'll build you a sense of style you didn't know you had. Watch this space for an exciting new Style Guide every week.
By Anna Mynx.
- RAJ won by 4 wkts.vs. RAJSRHMatch 4Fri, Apr 18, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- KXIP won by 6 wkts.vs. KXIPCHEMatch 3Fri, Apr 18, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- BLR won by 8 wkts.vs. BLRDELMatch 2Thu, Apr 17, 2014Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- live match MUM 111/8 (19 Overs)vs. MUMBLRMatch 5LIVECurrent Run Rate 5.84Dubai, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- vs. DELKOLMatch 6Sat, Apr 19, 2014Dubai, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- Upcoming matchvs. KXIPRAJMatch 7Sun, Apr 20, 2014Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- vs. DELCHEMatch 8Mon, Apr 21, 2014Mon, Apr 21, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
Latest Photo Albums
All the noteworthy cricket quotes this month. More » Soundbyte — April 2014
Praveen Kumar is one of only two bowlers to have bowled wicket-maiden overs five times. Fifteen numbers from the Indian Twenty20 League. (Text: ESPNcricinfo) More » Key numbers from IPL
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge show off their cricket skills in Christchurch. More » Cricket gets royal treatment
Celebrations in Sri Lanka, gloom in India. More » Cricket Photos of The Week 13.4.14
The victorious Sri Lanka and Australia women's teams get a rousing welcome after their WT20 exploits in Bangladesh. More » World Twenty20 Celebrations
The victorious Australia women's team and Lasith Malinga from the Sri Lanka men's team pose with their spoils after the ICC World Twenty20. More » WT20: The Winner's Photocall
Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara ended their Twenty20 Internationals career on a high as Sri Lanka defeated India by six wickets in the final of the 2014 World Twenty20. Here's a look at the two legends' … More » [STATISTICS] Jayawardene and Sangakkara in T20 Internationals