Is there anything better than enjoying red-carpet treatment as the picturesque countryside passes you by? For your next romantic vacation we suggest exploring the length and breadth of India from the comfort of a berth a luxury train. These royal rides come with every five-star comfort imaginable from valet service to some of the best food inspired by the regions you travel through.
THE MAHARAJA’S EXPRESS
The name says it all. Step onboard and experience a slice of royal Indian life from a bygone era. Eat, drink and live like a veritable maharaja as the train forges through some of India’s most exotic circuits.
Major Stops: Vadodara, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Agra
Duration: 8 days and 7 nights
Price: From Rs 2.26 lakh*
Major Stops: Agra, Ranthambore, Jaipur, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Vadodara Duration: 7 days and 6 nights
Price: From 1.98 lakh
Major Stops: Agra, Gwalior, Khajuraho, Bandhavgarh, Varanasi, Lucknow
Duration: 7 days and 6 nights
Price: From Rs 1.98 lakh
THE PALACE ON WHEELS
Probably the best known luxury train in India, The Palace on Wheels lives up to its reputation. Prepare yourself for a week of pure indulgence as you cruise your way through the India’s famous Golden Triangle.
Major Stops: Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Udaipur, Bharatpur
Duration: 7 days, 8 nights
Price: From Rs 2.5 lakh
THE INDIAN MAHARAJA–DECCAN ODYSSEY
This journey takes you to from Mumbai to Delhi through the Deccan plateauin the lap of luxury.
Route: Mumbai to Delhi
Major Stops: Aurangabad, Udaipur, Sawai Madhopur, Jaipur, Agra
Duration: 8 days, 7 nights
Price: From Rs 2.47 lakh
THE GOLDEN CHARIOT
Passing through the Cradle of Stone Architecture as it’s known, the glorious countryside of South India amazes and enchants as the train winds its way past palaces, fortresses and stretches of golden beaches.
Major Stops: Srirangapatnam, Mysore, Kabini, Shravanabelagola, Belur, Halebid, Hampi, Badami, Aihole, Pattadakal
Duration: 8 days, 7 nights
Price: From 1.19 lakh
You may also like:
- vs. INDAUS2nd Semi FinalThu, Mar 26, 2015Sydney, AustraliaWorld Cup Coverage...
- vs. SANZ1st Semi FinalTue, Mar 24, 2015Auckland, New ZealandWorld Cup Coverage...
- vs. WINZ4th Quarter FinalSat, Mar 21, 2015Wellington, New ZealandWorld Cup Coverage...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. NZAUSFinalSun, Mar 29, 2015Melbourne, AustraliaWorld Cup Coverage...
- vs. MUMKOLMatch 1Wed, Apr 08, 2015Wed, Apr 08, 2015Kolkata, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- vs. DELCHEMatch 2Thu, Apr 09, 2015Thu, Apr 09, 2015Chennai, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
Latest Photo Albums
More » World Cup, 1st QF: Sri Lanka vs South Africa
More » World Cup, Match No. 38: England vs Afghanistan