How to turn your sleepwear into sleek wear.
It's the just-got-out-of-bed look Hugh Hefner's been swearing by for years. Pyjama style – that means silks, satins and velvets are your new suit – is the new swag for the modern dandy. Here's how to turn yout sleepwear into sleek wear.
Getting down with the pyjama look goes a bit further than just rocking the entire alphabet of precious materials. In order to rock your PJs like a pro, begin with smooth fabrics and end with matching patterns. Dolce & Gabbana brings us the Hef factor with a burgundy soft-fabric combo of matching pants and shirt, in a dandy foulard print. To make your pyjama style seem the most out-of-bed proof, it is best kept in a foulard pattern that'll make it fancy enough to step some upscale dining. Otherwise, keep things classy with earthy tone dandy stripes, while adding a touch of lavish with a velvet bow tie.
What makes the difference between looking out of bed and off to bed, is the art of layering. The easiest way to keep things dressy, is by wearing a velvet or corduroy blazer on top of your pyjama, while bearing in mind that a silk shawl-collar blazer is the most PJ-friendly piece of tailoring a man can get. Alternatively, a belted cardigan will also do wonders for your look, as it is the only alternative to taking the style too literally by wearing a Hefner-like bathrobe.
The velvet overdose doesn't stop at the blazer department; the only way to wear your pyjamas with honour, however, is by complementing them with a finger licking good pair of laid-back velvet slippers. Church's slippers take the crown when it comes to most toyal velvet footwear, with their iconic Made in England Sovereign slippers.
You may also like:
THREE SPORTS BIKES COMING SOON TO INDIA
BOLLYWOOD’S 11 BEST DRESSED ACTORS
THE 14 BEST BEERS IN INDIA
- vs. IREUAE1st T20ISun, Feb 14, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIreland vs United Arab Emi...
- WI won by 5 wkts.vs. INDWISuper League FinalSun, Feb 14, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- BAN won by 3 wkts.vs. SLBANSuper League 3rd-4thSat, Feb 13, 2016Fatullah, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- vs. SLIND3rd T20ILIVECurrent Run Rate 4.55Visakhapatnam, IndiaSri Lanka in India T20 Ser...
- live match SA 217/5 (42.1 Overs)vs. ENGSA5th ODILIVEENG 236/10;Cape Town, South AfricaEngland in South Africa OD...
- live match NZ 178/4 (62.3 Overs)vs. AUSNZ1st TestLIVEAUS 562/10; NZ 183/10;Wellington, New ZealandTrans-Tasman Trophy, 2016...
- vs. IREUAE2nd T20ITue, Feb 16, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIreland vs United Arab Emi...
- vs. UAEAFGMatch 1Fri, Feb 19, 2016Fri, Feb 19, 2016Fatullah, BangladeshAsia Cup Qualifier, 2016...
- vs. OMNHKMatch 2Fri, Feb 19, 2016Fri, Feb 19, 2016Fatullah, BangladeshAsia Cup Qualifier, 2016...
Latest Photo Albums
Action images from Newslands, Cape Town. More » South Africa vs England, 5th ODI
Action images from JSCA Stadium, Ranchi. More » India vs Sri Lanka, 2nd T20
Action images from the Wanderers, Johannesburg. More » South Africa vs England, 4th ODI
Action images from the Basin Reserve, Wellington. More » New Zealand vs Australia, 1st Test
Action images from Pune. More » India vs Sri Lanka, 1st T20
Action images from the SuperSport Park, Centurion. More » South Africa vs England, 3rd ODI
Action images from Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein. More » South Africa vs England, 1st ODI
Action images from the Sydney Cricket Ground. More » Australia vs India, 3rd T20
Action images from the Melbourne Cricket Ground. More » Australia vs India, 2nd T20
Cricket Australia's Oscar night. More » Allan Border Medal Ceremony 2016
Action images from the Centurion Test. More » South Africa vs England, 4th Test
Action images from the Sydney Cricket Ground. More » Australia vs India, 5th ODI