On Imran Khan's Trail
Imran Khan's extraordinary cricketing
career ended with victory in the 1992 World Cup. He then built a career in
philanthropy and politics, founding his own party, Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf
(PTI), in 1996. Imran is a charismatic, Oxford-educated youth icon, but his
popularity translated into little or no success early in his political career. Slowly
and steadily, Imran has built himself up on claims of creating a “Naya Pakistan”.
Imran’s fight has been against Pakistan’s corrupt ruling class which has
subverted democratic processes in the country. The 2013 general elections saw an
improved performance from PTI: they won 34 seats to the 126 won by the Nawaz
Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League. While Sharif would be PM, Imran will lead
the opposition – a big improvement from the time he wielded no political
clout in the country. [TAG:CYCSPL]
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
- vs. SABAN1st T20ISun, Jul 05, 2015Mirpur, BangladeshSouth Africa in Bangladesh...
- NEP won by 3 wkts.vs. NEPNED4th T20IFri, Jul 03, 2015Rotterdam, NetherlandsNepal in Netherlands T20 S...
- NED won by 18 runsvs. NEPNED3rd T20IThu, Jul 02, 2015Rotterdam, NetherlandsNepal in Netherlands T20 S...
- vs. PAKSL3rd TestLIVEPAK 215/10; SL 278/10;Kandy, Sri LankaPakistan in Sri Lanka Test...
- Upcoming matchvs. SABAN2nd T20ITue, Jul 07, 2015Mirpur, BangladeshSouth Africa in Bangladesh...
- vs. AUSENG1st TestWed, Jul 08, 2015Wed, Jul 08, 2015Cardiff, EnglandThe Ashes, 2015...
- vs. UAESCOMatch 1Thu, Jul 09, 2015Thu, Jul 09, 2015Raeburn Place, Edinburgh, ScotlandWorld Twenty20 Qualifier, ...