On Imran Khan's Trail
Imran Khan's extraordinary cricketing
career ended with victory in the 1992 World Cup. He then built a career in
philanthropy and politics, founding his own party, Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf
(PTI), in 1996. Imran is a charismatic, Oxford-educated youth icon, but his
popularity translated into little or no success early in his political career. Slowly
and steadily, Imran has built himself up on claims of creating a “Naya Pakistan”.
Imran’s fight has been against Pakistan’s corrupt ruling class which has
subverted democratic processes in the country. The 2013 general elections saw an
improved performance from PTI: they won 34 seats to the 126 won by the Nawaz
Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League. While Sharif would be PM, Imran will lead
the opposition – a big improvement from the time he wielded no political
clout in the country. [TAG:CYCSPL]
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
- NZ won by 9 wkts.vs. BANNZ2nd TestThu, Jan 19, 2017Christchurch, New ZealandBangladesh in New Zealand ...
- SL won by 3 wkts.vs. SLSA2nd T20ISun, Jan 22, 2017Johannesburg, South AfricaSri Lanka in South Africa ...
- ENG won by 5 runsvs. ENGIND3rd ODISun, Jan 22, 2017Kolkata, IndiaEngland in India ODI Serie...
- live match UAE 39/3 (14 Overs)vs. SCOUAEMatch 2LIVESCO 173/10;Dubai, United Arab EmiratesUnited Arab Emirates Tri-N...
- Upcoming matchvs. ZIMSLMatch 7Tue, Jan 24, 2017Stellenbosch University 1, South AfricaTri-Nation Under-19s Tourn...
- Upcoming matchvs. ZIMSAMatch 8Wed, Jan 25, 2017Paarl, South AfricaTri-Nation Under-19s Tourn...
- Upcoming matchvs. SLSA3rd T20IWed, Jan 25, 2017Cape Town, South AfricaSri Lanka in South Africa ...