On Imran Khan's Trail
Imran Khan's extraordinary cricketing
career ended with victory in the 1992 World Cup. He then built a career in
philanthropy and politics, founding his own party, Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf
(PTI), in 1996. Imran is a charismatic, Oxford-educated youth icon, but his
popularity translated into little or no success early in his political career. Slowly
and steadily, Imran has built himself up on claims of creating a “Naya Pakistan”.
Imran’s fight has been against Pakistan’s corrupt ruling class which has
subverted democratic processes in the country. The 2013 general elections saw an
improved performance from PTI: they won 34 seats to the 126 won by the Nawaz
Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League. While Sharif would be PM, Imran will lead
the opposition – a big improvement from the time he wielded no political
clout in the country. [TAG:CYCSPL]
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
- vs. INDAUS2nd Semi FinalThu, Mar 26, 2015Sydney, AustraliaWorld Cup Coverage...
- NZ won by 4 wkts.vs. SANZ1st Semi FinalTue, Mar 24, 2015Auckland, New ZealandWorld Cup Coverage...
- NZ won by 143 runsvs. WINZ4th Quarter FinalSat, Mar 21, 2015Wellington, New ZealandWorld Cup Coverage...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. NZAUSFinalSun, Mar 29, 2015Melbourne, AustraliaWorld Cup Coverage...
- vs. MUMKOLMatch 1Wed, Apr 08, 2015Wed, Apr 08, 2015Kolkata, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- vs. DELCHEMatch 2Thu, Apr 09, 2015Thu, Apr 09, 2015Chennai, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...