On Imran Khan's Trail
Imran Khan's extraordinary cricketing
career ended with victory in the 1992 World Cup. He then built a career in
philanthropy and politics, founding his own party, Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf
(PTI), in 1996. Imran is a charismatic, Oxford-educated youth icon, but his
popularity translated into little or no success early in his political career. Slowly
and steadily, Imran has built himself up on claims of creating a “Naya Pakistan”.
Imran’s fight has been against Pakistan’s corrupt ruling class which has
subverted democratic processes in the country. The 2013 general elections saw an
improved performance from PTI: they won 34 seats to the 126 won by the Nawaz
Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League. While Sharif would be PM, Imran will lead
the opposition – a big improvement from the time he wielded no political
clout in the country. [TAG:CYCSPL]
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
- BAN won by 141 runsvs. AFGBAN3rd ODISat, Oct 01, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshAfghanistan in Bangladesh ...
- SA won by 6 wkts.vs. AUSSA1st ODIFri, Sep 30, 2016Centurion, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- PAK won by 111 runsvs. WIPAK1st ODIFri, Sep 30, 2016Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies OD...
- live match NZ 128/7 (34 Overs)vs. NZIND2nd TestLIVEIND 316/10;Kolkata, IndiaNew Zealand in India Test ...
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSSA2nd ODISun, Oct 02, 2016Johannesburg, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- Upcoming matchvs. WIPAK2nd ODISun, Oct 02, 2016Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies OD...
- vs. WIPAK3rd ODIWed, Oct 05, 2016Wed, Oct 05, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies OD...