On Imran Khan's Trail
Imran Khan's extraordinary cricketing
career ended with victory in the 1992 World Cup. He then built a career in
philanthropy and politics, founding his own party, Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf
(PTI), in 1996. Imran is a charismatic, Oxford-educated youth icon, but his
popularity translated into little or no success early in his political career. Slowly
and steadily, Imran has built himself up on claims of creating a “Naya Pakistan”.
Imran’s fight has been against Pakistan’s corrupt ruling class which has
subverted democratic processes in the country. The 2013 general elections saw an
improved performance from PTI: they won 34 seats to the 126 won by the Nawaz
Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League. While Sharif would be PM, Imran will lead
the opposition – a big improvement from the time he wielded no political
clout in the country. [TAG:CYCSPL]
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
- AUS won by 6 wkts.vs. AUSSL4th ODIWed, Aug 31, 2016Rangiri, Sri LankaAustralia in Sri Lanka ODI...
- ENG won by 169 runsvs. PAKENG3rd ODITue, Aug 30, 2016Nottingham, EnglandPakistan in England ODI Se...
- SA won by 204 runsvs. NZSA2nd TestSat, Aug 27, 2016Centurion, South AfricaNew Zealand in South Afric...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. PAKENG4th ODIThu, Sep 01, 2016Leeds, EnglandPakistan in England ODI Se...
- vs. AUSSL5th ODISun, Sep 04, 2016Sun, Sep 04, 2016Kandy, Sri LankaAustralia in Sri Lanka ODI...
- vs. PAKENG5th ODISun, Sep 04, 2016Sun, Sep 04, 2016Cardiff, EnglandPakistan in England ODI Se...