On Imran Khan's Trail
Imran Khan's extraordinary cricketing
career ended with victory in the 1992 World Cup. He then built a career in
philanthropy and politics, founding his own party, Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf
(PTI), in 1996. Imran is a charismatic, Oxford-educated youth icon, but his
popularity translated into little or no success early in his political career. Slowly
and steadily, Imran has built himself up on claims of creating a “Naya Pakistan”.
Imran’s fight has been against Pakistan’s corrupt ruling class which has
subverted democratic processes in the country. The 2013 general elections saw an
improved performance from PTI: they won 34 seats to the 126 won by the Nawaz
Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League. While Sharif would be PM, Imran will lead
the opposition – a big improvement from the time he wielded no political
clout in the country. [TAG:CYCSPL]
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
- IND won by 69 runsvs. SLIND2nd T20IFri, Feb 12, 2016Ranchi, IndiaSri Lanka in India T20 Ser...
- PAK won by 7 wkts.vs. PAKENGSuper League 5th-6thFri, Feb 12, 2016Fatullah, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- SA won by 138 runsvs. SANZPlate Championship 1Fri, Feb 12, 2016xxx-xxx-xxx, xxx-xxx-xxxUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- vs. SLBANSuper League 3rd-4thSat, Feb 13, 2016Fatullah, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. INDWISuper League FinalSun, Feb 14, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGSA5th ODISun, Feb 14, 2016Cape Town, South AfricaEngland in South Africa OD...