On Imran Khan's Trail
Imran Khan's extraordinary cricketing
career ended with victory in the 1992 World Cup. He then built a career in
philanthropy and politics, founding his own party, Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf
(PTI), in 1996. Imran is a charismatic, Oxford-educated youth icon, but his
popularity translated into little or no success early in his political career. Slowly
and steadily, Imran has built himself up on claims of creating a “Naya Pakistan”.
Imran’s fight has been against Pakistan’s corrupt ruling class which has
subverted democratic processes in the country. The 2013 general elections saw an
improved performance from PTI: they won 34 seats to the 126 won by the Nawaz
Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League. While Sharif would be PM, Imran will lead
the opposition – a big improvement from the time he wielded no political
clout in the country. [TAG:CYCSPL]
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
- vs. AFGBAN1st ODISun, Sep 25, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshAfghanistan in Bangladesh ...
- SA won by 206 runsvs. IRESAOne-off ODISun, Sep 25, 2016Benoni, South AfricaIreland in South Africa OD...
- PAK won by 16 runsvs. WIPAK2nd T20ISat, Sep 24, 2016Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies T2...
- vs. NZIND1st TestLIVEIND 318/10,377/5(D); NZ 262/10;Kanpur, IndiaNew Zealand in India Test ...
- vs. IREAUSOne-off ODITue, Sep 27, 2016Benoni, South AfricaAustralia vs Ireland ODI S...
- Upcoming matchvs. WIPAK3rd T20ITue, Sep 27, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies T2...
- vs. AFGBAN2nd ODIWed, Sep 28, 2016Wed, Sep 28, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshAfghanistan in Bangladesh ...