On Imran Khan's Trail
Imran Khan's extraordinary cricketing
career ended with victory in the 1992 World Cup. He then built a career in
philanthropy and politics, founding his own party, Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf
(PTI), in 1996. Imran is a charismatic, Oxford-educated youth icon, but his
popularity translated into little or no success early in his political career. Slowly
and steadily, Imran has built himself up on claims of creating a “Naya Pakistan”.
Imran’s fight has been against Pakistan’s corrupt ruling class which has
subverted democratic processes in the country. The 2013 general elections saw an
improved performance from PTI: they won 34 seats to the 126 won by the Nawaz
Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League. While Sharif would be PM, Imran will lead
the opposition – a big improvement from the time he wielded no political
clout in the country. [TAG:CYCSPL]
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
- vs. IREAUSOne-off ODITue, Sep 27, 2016Benoni, South AfricaAustralia vs Ireland ODI S...
- IND won by 197 runsvs. NZIND1st TestThu, Sep 22, 2016Kanpur, IndiaNew Zealand in India Test ...
- BAN won by 7 runsvs. AFGBAN1st ODISun, Sep 25, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshAfghanistan in Bangladesh ...
- vs. WIPAK3rd T20ILIVECurrent Run Rate 5.15Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies T2...
- Upcoming matchvs. AFGBAN2nd ODIWed, Sep 28, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshAfghanistan in Bangladesh ...
- vs. NZIND2nd TestFri, Sep 30, 2016Fri, Sep 30, 2016Kolkata, IndiaNew Zealand in India Test ...
- vs. WIPAK1st ODIFri, Sep 30, 2016Fri, Sep 30, 2016Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies OD...