On Imran Khan's Trail
Imran Khan's extraordinary cricketing
career ended with victory in the 1992 World Cup. He then built a career in
philanthropy and politics, founding his own party, Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf
(PTI), in 1996. Imran is a charismatic, Oxford-educated youth icon, but his
popularity translated into little or no success early in his political career. Slowly
and steadily, Imran has built himself up on claims of creating a “Naya Pakistan”.
Imran’s fight has been against Pakistan’s corrupt ruling class which has
subverted democratic processes in the country. The 2013 general elections saw an
improved performance from PTI: they won 34 seats to the 126 won by the Nawaz
Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League. While Sharif would be PM, Imran will lead
the opposition – a big improvement from the time he wielded no political
clout in the country. [TAG:CYCSPL]
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
- AUS won by 7 wkts.vs. PAKAUS3rd ODIThu, Jan 19, 2017Perth, AustraliaPakistan in Australia ODI ...
- HK won by 91 runsvs. NEDHKMatch 10Wed, Jan 18, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- IRE won by 24 runsvs. IREUAEMatch 9Wed, Jan 18, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- live match ENG 46/1 (6.5 Overs)vs. ENGIND2nd ODILIVEIND 381/6;Cuttack, IndiaEngland in India ODI Serie...
- Upcoming matchvs. ZIMSAMatch 4Thu, Jan 19, 2017Paarl, South AfricaTri-Nation Under-19s Tourn...
- Upcoming matchvs. NAMAFGMatch 11Thu, Jan 19, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- Upcoming matchvs. SCOOMNMatch 12Thu, Jan 19, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...