On Imran Khan's Trail
Imran Khan's extraordinary cricketing
career ended with victory in the 1992 World Cup. He then built a career in
philanthropy and politics, founding his own party, Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf
(PTI), in 1996. Imran is a charismatic, Oxford-educated youth icon, but his
popularity translated into little or no success early in his political career. Slowly
and steadily, Imran has built himself up on claims of creating a “Naya Pakistan”.
Imran’s fight has been against Pakistan’s corrupt ruling class which has
subverted democratic processes in the country. The 2013 general elections saw an
improved performance from PTI: they won 34 seats to the 126 won by the Nawaz
Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League. While Sharif would be PM, Imran will lead
the opposition – a big improvement from the time he wielded no political
clout in the country. [TAG:CYCSPL]
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
- KOL won by 41 runsvs. KOLMUMMatch 1Wed, Apr 16, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- SL won by 6 wkts.vs. INDSLFinalSun, Apr 06, 2014Mirpur, BangladeshWorld Twenty20, 2014...
- IND won by 6 wkts.vs. SAIND2nd Semi FinalFri, Apr 04, 2014Mirpur, BangladeshWorld Twenty20, 2014...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. BLRDELMatch 2Thu, Apr 17, 2014Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- Upcoming matchvs. KXIPCHEMatch 3Fri, Apr 18, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- Upcoming matchvs. RAJSRHMatch 4Fri, Apr 18, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...