On Imran Khan's Trail
Imran Khan's extraordinary cricketing
career ended with victory in the 1992 World Cup. He then built a career in
philanthropy and politics, founding his own party, Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf
(PTI), in 1996. Imran is a charismatic, Oxford-educated youth icon, but his
popularity translated into little or no success early in his political career. Slowly
and steadily, Imran has built himself up on claims of creating a “Naya Pakistan”.
Imran’s fight has been against Pakistan’s corrupt ruling class which has
subverted democratic processes in the country. The 2013 general elections saw an
improved performance from PTI: they won 34 seats to the 126 won by the Nawaz
Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League. While Sharif would be PM, Imran will lead
the opposition – a big improvement from the time he wielded no political
clout in the country. [TAG:CYCSPL]
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
- IND won by 197 runsvs. NAMINDSuper League QF 2Sat, Feb 06, 2016Fatullah, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- vs. AUSNZ2nd ODISat, Feb 06, 2016Wellington, New ZealandChappell-Hadlee Trophy, 20...
- IRE won by 5 wkts.vs. IREPNG1st T20ISat, Feb 06, 2016Townsville, AustraliaIreland vs Papua New Guine...
- live match SA 135/3 (30 Overs)vs. ENGSA2nd ODILIVECurrent Run Rate 4.5Port Elizabeth, South AfricaEngland in South Africa OD...
- Upcoming matchvs. SLENGSuper League QF 3Sun, Feb 07, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. T.B.CT.B.CPlate Championship PSun, Feb 07, 2016xxx-xxx-xxx, xxx-xxx-xxxUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. IREPNG2nd T20ISun, Feb 07, 2016Townsville, AustraliaIreland vs Papua New Guine...