Inside Berlin's Axel Hotel for gay travellers
In 2009 Axel Hotels, the first hotel chain in the world aimed at the gay community, opened its third international hotel in Schöneberg, widely considered to be the gay heart of Berlin. Summarising the hotel's USP, Juan P. Juliá, President of Axel Hotels, described it as "a space where everyone is welcome without prejudice of their sexual preference, respected and valued. A hotel with a heterofriendly philosophy..."
Axel Hotel Berlin has 86 designer guest rooms (including six suites and 10 junior suites), equipped to provide guests with maximum comfort: king size bed, plasma TV, iPod On Stage speakers, safe, room service and Wi-Fi. Among the distinctive spaces of the hotel are Axel Wellness (open air spa with Jacuzzi and magnificent views over the city, sauna, Turkish bath, gymnasium, relaxation area and massage cubicles on the 6th floor), Axel Business Center (area with PCs and Internet connection) and Axel Meetings (meeting room). The cozy international creative cuisine restaurant, Kitchen by Axel, offers intimate niches and an outdoor garden terrace. Urban Bar by Axel, with its spectacular columns and windows overlooking Lietzenburger Street, and its stunning spherical central lamp with its play of lights and reflections, is the meeting point for the cosmopolitan and trendy Berlin scene. Sky Bar by Axel, an intimate open air lounge-bar, offers spectacular views of the city in summer. This is the third hotel opened by the Axel chain after Barcelona and Buenos Aires.
- Slideshow: Inside New York's first gay resort hotel
- Guest blog: Gay tourism in India comes out of the closet
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
1 - 4 of 42
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. SANZ4th ODIWed, Mar 01, 2017Hamilton, New ZealandSouth Africa in New Zealan...
- Upcoming matchvs. IREUAE1st ODIThu, Mar 02, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesIreland vs United Arab Emi...
- vs. ENGWI1st ODIFri, Mar 03, 2017Fri, Mar 03, 2017Antigua, West IndiesEngland in West Indies ODI...