India's top designers
Now-a-days, everyone and anyone who can sew and stitch is called a fashion designer.
The free use and abuse of this term is what has led to the increase in the number of so called ‘designers’ and a decline in the quality of designs. Nonetheless, there exists true talent out there, breathing, thriving and marking its territory of original innovation. We like to address the possessors of this talent as ‘Fashion Artists’, because they don’t just manufacture garments, they ideate and create. Their vision of beauty is what shapes fabrics and results in the conception of costumes of art. We are not romanticising the work fashion designers do, but we are exploring the idea of them as artists; the one’s whose art is by far the most accessible to the layman and which seeps into the society, straight from the ramp to the local store (and eventually the duplicates of which adorn road side stalls).
You may Also Like:
Why Women Go to the Toilet in Groups
Why Are Dusky Women Often More Attractive Than Fair-Skinned Ladies?
- vs. DELKOLMatch 6Sat, Apr 19, 2014Dubai, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- BLR won by 7 wkts.vs. MUMBLRMatch 5Sat, Apr 19, 2014Dubai, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- RAJ won by 4 wkts.vs. RAJSRHMatch 4Fri, Apr 18, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- No live matches are in progress.
- vs. KXIPRAJMatch 7Sun, Apr 20, 2014Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- Upcoming matchvs. DELCHEMatch 8Mon, Apr 21, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- vs. SRHKXIPMatch 9Tue, Apr 22, 2014Tue, Apr 22, 2014Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
Latest Photo Albums
Ganguly says yes to football, Umar Akmal gets hooked, royal treat for cricket, action from IPL and more. More » Cricket Photos of The Week 20.4.14
All the noteworthy cricket quotes this month. More » Soundbyte — April 2014
Praveen Kumar is one of only two bowlers to have bowled wicket-maiden overs five times. Fifteen numbers from the Indian Twenty20 League. (Text: ESPNcricinfo) More » Key numbers from IPL
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge show off their cricket skills in Christchurch. More » Cricket gets royal treatment
Celebrations in Sri Lanka, gloom in India. More » Cricket Photos of The Week 13.4.14
The victorious Sri Lanka and Australia women's teams get a rousing welcome after their WT20 exploits in Bangladesh. More » World Twenty20 Celebrations
The victorious Australia women's team and Lasith Malinga from the Sri Lanka men's team pose with their spoils after the ICC World Twenty20. More » WT20: The Winner's Photocall
Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara ended their Twenty20 Internationals career on a high as Sri Lanka defeated India by six wickets in the final of the 2014 World Twenty20. Here's a look at the two legends' … More » [STATISTICS] Jayawardene and Sangakkara in T20 Internationals