Images: Karnataka’s spell-binding waterfalls
When the monsoon kicks into top gear, waterfalls reach the peak of their grandeur. The dry trickle of summer is long forgotten as these cascades gush with resurgent life and energise their surroundings as well as those who gaze upon their beauty. Many of the most captivating waterfalls, including some famous around the world, are in Karnataka, and many of these are located in the Western Ghats, recently declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Travel photographer SHIVAKUMAR L NARAYAN reveals nine of the most spectacular waterfalls in the state.
ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHER:
SHIVAKUMAR L NARAYAN is a travel and nature photographer from Bangalore whose core interest lies in the documentation of India’s beautiful landscapes – from deserts and oceans and forests to mountains. View more of his work on his personal website and also on a dedicated landscape photography forum, of which he is a co-founder.
- IND won by 117 runsvs. INDSL3rd TestFri, Aug 28, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- ENG won by 5 runsvs. AUSENGOne-off T20IMon, Aug 31, 2015Cardiff, EnglandAustralia in England T20 S...
- AUS won by 23 runsvs. AUSIREOne-off ODIThu, Aug 27, 2015Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAustralia in Ireland ODI S...
- live match AUS 14/0 (3 Overs)vs. AUSENG1st ODILIVECurrent Run Rate 4.66Southampton, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSENG2nd ODISat, Sep 05, 2015London, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- vs. AUSENG3rd ODITue, Sep 08, 2015Tue, Sep 08, 2015Manchester, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- vs. AUSENG4th ODIFri, Sep 11, 2015Fri, Sep 11, 2015Leeds, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
Latest Photo Albums
Action images from the 3rd Test at Sinhalese Sports Club played between August 28-September 1, 2015. More » Sri Lanka vs India, 3rd Test
Ishant Sharma became the eighth Indian bowler to claim 200 Test wickets during the third and final Test against Sri Lanka at the Sinhalese Sports Club on September 1, 2015. More » Ishant joins 200 Test wickets Club
Kumar Sangakkara retires with 12,400 Test runs and 14,234 ODI runs. Who leads the tables among active players now? More » Now That Sangakkara's Retired, These Are The Leading Run Scorers in The World
The Sri Lanka legend was snared by India's Ashwin for the fourth time in his final Test series. [Report] More » Here Are The Pics From Kumar Sangakkara's Final Test Innings
Action images from the England vs Australia Test match. More » Ashes, 5th Test at The Oval
Action images from Trent Bridge, Nottingham. More » 4th Ashes Test
N. Srinivasan is not the only one. A conflict of interest (COI) is a situation in which a person or organization is involved in multiple interests (financial, emotional, or otherwise), one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation of the individual or organization. The list of possible culprits … More » Indian cricketers in Conflict of Interest
Tillakaratne Dilshan Sunday became the 11th batsman and the fourth Sri Lankan to compile 10,000 runs in one-day cricket, achieving the feat against Pakistan in Hambantota.
The flamboyant 38-year-old reached the landmark in his 319th match when he took a single off Shoaib Malik to move to 55, … More » Dilshan joins 10000-run ODI club
Tendulkar junior, a budding left-arm seamer, turned his arm over at England's batsmen during a practice session ahead of the second Ashes Test at Lord's. [READ REPORT] More » Arjun Tendulkar: Like father, like son
Action images from Harare. More » Zimbabwe vs India, 1st ODI
The former India captain turns 43 on July 8, 2015. [CYCSPL] More » Sourav Ganguly: Over The Years