[FLASHBACK] England whitewash India
The euphoria of winning the 2011 World Cup on home soil had hardly settled down by the time that MS Dhoni's men embarked on the tour of England, but as the Test series went on, that joy turned to disappointment as Andrew Strauss' team outwitted India in all the four Tests.
England drove the last nail into India's coffin in this series at The Oval on August 22, 2011; when they won the fourth Test by an innings and 8 runs and inflicted a 4-0 whitewash.
Ian Bell was India's chief tormentor as he scored his maiden double century and also put on a mammoth 350-runs stand with Kevin Pietersen.
Rahul Dravid's 146* in the first innings helped India make 300 for the first and only time in the series. In the second innings, Sachin Tendulkar and Amit Mishra's 144-runs partnership with Amit Mishra raised India's hopes of salvaging a draw, but the then No. 1 ranked Test team lost their last six wickets for 21 runs with Graeme Swann running through the middle and late order.
This was England's first series whitewash in seven years and also made them the new No. 1 ranked Test team. [TAG: CYCSPL]
- KOL won by 41 runsvs. KOLMUMMatch 1Wed, Apr 16, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- SL won by 6 wkts.vs. INDSLFinalSun, Apr 06, 2014Mirpur, BangladeshWorld Twenty20, 2014...
- IND won by 6 wkts.vs. SAIND2nd Semi FinalFri, Apr 04, 2014Mirpur, BangladeshWorld Twenty20, 2014...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. BLRDELMatch 2Thu, Apr 17, 2014Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- Upcoming matchvs. KXIPCHEMatch 3Fri, Apr 18, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
- Upcoming matchvs. RAJSRHMatch 4Fri, Apr 18, 2014Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesIndian Premier League, 201...
Latest Photo Albums
Action in images from the first match of the 2014 season played at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi on April 16, 2014. More » IPL-7: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders
All the noteworthy cricket quotes this month. More » Soundbyte — April 2014
Praveen Kumar is one of only two bowlers to have bowled wicket-maiden overs five times. Fifteen numbers from the Indian Twenty20 League. (Text: ESPNcricinfo) More » Key numbers from IPL
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge show off their cricket skills in Christchurch. More » Cricket gets royal treatment
Celebrations in Sri Lanka, gloom in India. More » Cricket Photos of The Week 13.4.14
The victorious Sri Lanka and Australia women's teams get a rousing welcome after their WT20 exploits in Bangladesh. More » World Twenty20 Celebrations
The victorious Australia women's team and Lasith Malinga from the Sri Lanka men's team pose with their spoils after the ICC World Twenty20. More » WT20: The Winner's Photocall
Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara ended their Twenty20 Internationals career on a high as Sri Lanka defeated India by six wickets in the final of the 2014 World Twenty20. Here's a look at the two legends' … More » [STATISTICS] Jayawardene and Sangakkara in T20 Internationals
A collection of best images from the World Twenty20 tournament in Bangladesh. More » Top Photos from World T20
India, Pakistan, England and West Indies have been crowned Twenty20 world champions in the last four editions. More » Past World T20 Winners