Easter Eggs - Too pretty to eat!
The Easter Egg symbolizes the empty tomb of Jesus Christ – a sign of his resurrection from the dead. Traditionally, an Easter Egg is a reminder of eternal life. Eggs are also a symbol of fertility that pre-dates Christianity. Decorated ostrich eggshells over 60,000 years old have been discovered in Africa and adorned the tombs of ancient Egyptians and Sumerians over 5,000 years ago. The Easter Egg Hunt is a popular tradition in some countries, with eggs hidden away (supposedly by the Easter Bunny) for children to find on Easter morning. The sheer variety of Easter eggs is mind-boggling – they come painted, printed and embroidered with signature types from France, Belarus, Sweden and the Czech Republic. Though chicken eggs were used traditionally, in modern times eggs of chocolate, jelly and marzipan are common, as are plastic eggs with jelly-bean fillings.
Enjoy these fascinating Easter Eggs from around the world.
- SA won by 82 runsvs. SASL3rd ODISat, Jul 12, 2014Hambantota, Sri LankaSouth Africa in Sri Lanka ...
- SL won by 87 runsvs. SASL2nd ODIWed, Jul 09, 2014Kandy, Sri LankaSouth Africa in Sri Lanka ...
- WI won by 39 runsvs. NZWI2nd T20ISun, Jul 06, 2014Roseau, Dominica, West IndiesNew Zealand in West Indies...
- live match IND 244/6 (80 Overs)vs. INDENG1st TestLIVEENG 496/10; IND 457/10;Nottingham, EnglandIndia in England Test Seri...
- vs. SASL1st TestWed, Jul 16, 2014Wed, Jul 16, 2014Galle, Sri LankaSouth Africa in Sri Lanka ...
- vs. INDENG2nd TestThu, Jul 17, 2014Thu, Jul 17, 2014London, EnglandIndia in England Test Seri...
- vs. AFGZIM1st ODIFri, Jul 18, 2014Fri, Jul 18, 2014Bulawayo, ZimbabweAfghanistan in Zimbabwe OD...
Latest Photo Albums
Joe Root and James Anderson broke a Test record that had been establised just a year ago. Their tenth-wicket partnership of 198 in Trent Bridge is the highest in Test cricket, bettering the effort by Phil Hughes and Ashton Agar at the same venue. Here's a look at the highest last-wicket partnerships … More » Top Tenth Wicket Partnerships in Tests
James Anderson made 81 batting at No. 11 in the Trent Bridge Test against India. It's the third-highest Test score by a batsman playing in that position. Here's a look at the others. More » Top 10 Highest Test Scores By No. 11 Batsmen
The Lord's bicentenary, county action, South Africa on tour, and more. More » Cricket Photos Of The Week 6.7.14
India, England warm up for the first Test of the series which starts July 9. More » Up Next: The Battle at Trent Bridge
Featuring highlights from 1972-2011 | Also See: Part 1 (1932-1971). More » Iconic Moments in India-England Tests: Part 2
- Action images from the Indians' three-day tour match against Derbyshire played at Derby, Jul 1-3, 2014.More » Derbyshire vs Indians
Christ's XI, sloppy Indians, triumphant Lankans, dejected Englishmen, and more. More » Cricket Photos of The Week 29.6.14
The master made his annual trip to the British Isles to watch tennis' finest battle it out for the biggest honour in the sport. More » Tendulkar At Wimbledon 2014
Action images from the three-day warm-up match at Grace Road, Leicester. More » Tour Match: Leicestershire vs Indians