Amouage - Oman's Fragrant Gift of Kings
Founded over a quarter of a century ago, Amouage is a niche
luxury fragrance house that draws inspiration from its birthplace of the
Sultanate of Oman, infusing reference points from a rich and colorful
heritage that fires the imagination of all who come into contact with
its wonderful products. Amouage is derived from Frankincense (also
called Olibanum) an aromatic resin obtained from trees of the genus
Boswellia, particularly Boswellia sacra. In the year 1983, at the
request of Sultan Qaboos bin Said, Sayyid Hamad bin Hamoud al Busaidi,
then Minister of the Diwan of the Royal Court, Amouage founded the
company in order to reconnect with the Arab tradition of luxury
perfumes. Their first perfume launched in 1984 under the same name was
designed by Robert Guy. The design of the bottle - gold, silver and
semi-precious stones - is entrusted to Asprey London, a sign of luxury.
Amouage was elected as the “Product of the Year” at Cannes in 1991.
is a lifestyle sought after by only the most sophisticated and
discerning international consumer. Today, it has a stellar following
around the world including Royals, global leaders and some of the most
celebrated names in film, television, fashion, sport and music. At the
heart of the brand “Amouage” lies a signature accord that cultivates the
ultimate luxury of being unique and distinctive, that draws in line
with the destination Oman.
The perfume brand has evolved in Oman
through Amouage’s existing premises in Muscat. The two-storey perfumery
opened its doors to visitors to view the various stages of perfume
manufacturing from ingredient maceration to bottling and packaging as
well as explaining the perfume extraction process.
Factory & Visitors’ Centre is intended to become a staple tourist
destination and has been especially built for guests fully to experience
the brand’s essence and DNA. This new state-of-the-art Factory and
Visitors’ Centre in Muscat, Oman can be visited by tourists during
Text and images courtesy of Oman Tourist Office, India
See More in Yahoo Cricket Widescreen
1 - 4 of 42
- IRE won by 12 runsvs. AFGIRE5th ODITue, Jul 19, 2016Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAfghanistan in Ireland ODI...
- PAK won by 75 runsvs. PAKENG1st TestThu, Jul 14, 2016London, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- AFG won by 79 runsvs. AFGIRE4th ODISun, Jul 17, 2016Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAfghanistan in Ireland ODI...
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSSL1st TestTue, Jul 26, 2016Kandy, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
- vs. NZZIM1st TestThu, Jul 28, 2016Thu, Jul 28, 2016Bulawayo, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe Te...
- vs. INDWI2nd TestSat, Jul 30, 2016Sat, Jul 30, 2016Kingston, Jamaica, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...