Alappuzha – Kerala’s Enchanted Water World
Alappuzha -- the name means “broad river” in Malayalam -- is famous for its backwaters, houseboats, boat races, temples and seafood. These attractions have earned it the moniker “Venice of the East.” Founded in 1762 by Raja Keshavadasan, Diwan of the princely state of Travancore under Maharaja Raja Rama Varma, it is considered to be the oldest planned town in the region. This year Alappuzha, formerly known by its Anglicised name of Alleppey, celebrates its 250th anniversary. Yahoo! reader J MADHU RANTHAKAN presents a compilation of captivating images of this enchanting town.
- SCO won by 37 runsvs. SCONEDOne-off T20IFri, Feb 05, 2016Dubai, United Arab EmiratesNetherlands vs Scotland T2...
- AFG won by 226 runsvs. FIJAFGPlate Championship QFri, Feb 05, 2016xxx-xxx-xxx, xxx-xxx-xxxUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- ZIM won by 6 wkts.vs. CANZIMPlate Championship QFri, Feb 05, 2016xxx-xxx-xxx, xxx-xxx-xxxUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. NAMINDSuper League QF 2Sat, Feb 06, 2016Fatullah, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. IREPNG1st T20ISat, Feb 06, 2016Townsville, AustraliaIreland vs Papua New Guine...
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGSA2nd ODISat, Feb 06, 2016Port Elizabeth, South AfricaEngland in South Africa OD...
Latest Photo Albums
Action images from Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein. More » South Africa vs England, 1st ODI
Action images from the Sydney Cricket Ground. More » Australia vs India, 3rd T20
Action images from the Melbourne Cricket Ground. More » Australia vs India, 2nd T20
Cricket Australia's Oscar night. More » Allan Border Medal Ceremony 2016
Action images from the Centurion Test. More » South Africa vs England, 4th Test
Action images from the Sydney Cricket Ground. More » Australia vs India, 5th ODI
The top 5 batsmen and bowlers for 2015, as per ICC rankings. More » The top Test cricketers of 2015
The year 2015 has seen a number of cricket greats announcing their retirement. It all began with the ICC World Cup that was held in February-March earlier this year.
After the World Cup, Sri Lanka's legendary duo of Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara retired from ODIs. Others in the list … More » Cricketers who retired in 2015
Every sportsman means business – and I’m talking both on and off the pitch – well in most cases! Here are some of our favourite Indian cricketers who’ve made it to the business side successfully.
By The Alpha Bet
More » Do you know the businesses that Indian cricketers own?