Yoga poses to help you sleep better
By Lexi Petronis, Glamour magazine
Feeling sleep-deprived? Yawn... you're not the only one. There are so many of us who have fallen behind on our ZZZZs, so here's just the thing to get you snoozing, fast...
Did you know it's estimated that 50-70 million Americans have chronic sleep disorders? That's a lot of not-getting-enough-shuteye--which can come with potentially scary results. Centers for Disease Prevention and Control study, nearly 39% of respondents said they were so sleepy during the day, they unintentionally started snoozing. And 5% of them fell asleep while driving. Yikes!
So sleep is a good thing--when you can get it. My problem is that I wait until the end of the day, while I'm lying in bed, to think about stuff--which means my head is filled with anxious to-do-list building, instead of sleeping.
Kimberly Fowler, founder of YAS Fitness Center and author of The No OM Zone, clued me in to these pre-sleep yoga poses, which help release stress and relax your body. I tried the whole lineup last night and felt like a happy, sleepy puddle at the end. Bonus: they take about 5 to 8 minutes, and you can do them all in bed!
More from Glamour:
10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
12 Secret Signs He's Into You
- SCO won by 7 wkts.vs. SCOOMNMatch 12Thu, Jan 19, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- IND won by 15 runsvs. ENGIND2nd ODIThu, Jan 19, 2017Cuttack, IndiaEngland in India ODI Serie...
- Matchvs. NAMAFGMatch 11Thu, Jan 19, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- live match BAN 205/5 (46.2 Overs)vs. BANNZ2nd TestLIVECurrent Run Rate 4.42Christchurch, New ZealandBangladesh in New Zealand ...
- Upcoming matchvs. OMNAFG1st Semi FinalFri, Jan 20, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- Upcoming matchvs. ZIMSLMatch 5Fri, Jan 20, 2017Paarl, South AfricaTri-Nation Under-19s Tourn...
- Upcoming matchvs. SCOIRE2nd Semi FinalFri, Jan 20, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
Latest Photo Albums
The Indian legend turned 44 on January 11th, 2017. We look back at some special moments from his life and career. More » Rahul Dravid: Another brick in the wall
It’s Ishant Sharma’s 28th birthday. Have you wished him? [CYCSPL]More » Ishant Sharma: Tall Of Fame
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has left an immeasureable legacy in Indian cricket. The records he has set will be immensely hard to match for any Indian captain in times to come. Take a look. More » Photos: Captain Cool's coolest moments
2016 saw some great servants of the game calling it a day. While some were past their prime, there were a few who had it in them to go on for a few years more, but instead opted to call it a day.
(With inputs from Sportskeeda) More » Photos: 5 cricketers we bid adieu to in 2016
Virat Kohli has equalled Azharuddin as India's third-most successful Test captain of all time. He now has 14 Test wins in 22 matches as captain. Mohammed Azharuddin also has 14 Test wins - only, he needed as many as 47 Test matches to get there. Take a look at the most successful Test captains in … More » Most Test wins as India captain
The Indian all-rounder turned 35 on December 12.12.2016. Here's a pictorial look at his life and times in the public eye. More » Yuvraj Singh: Select Moments
September 19, 2007: It has been nice years since Yuvraj Singh hit Stuart Broad for six sixes in an over during the 2007 T20 World Cup at Kingsmead, Durban. As he turns 35, we take a trip down memory … More » Yuvraj Singh's 666666 Pack
From Sunny to Kohli, these Indian captains believed in leading by example. More » Top 5 Highest Test scores by an Indian captain