5 Shopping Havens (That Double As Airports)
Make sure you arrive well in advance if you're flying from any of these duty-free paradises
1. Changi Airport, : With over 300 shopping and retail outlets, you are always spoilt for choice irrespective of which of the three terminals your flight takes off from. Once you are done exploring all the gadgets and fragrances on offer you can shop for her at the only Chloe or Miu Miu stores at any airport worldwide or check out local fashion brands like Charles & Keith or Chomel. And if you are lucky enough to be there on a weekend checkout a whole range of ‘Fabulous Friday Deals’ for random people on your shopping list or pick up some exotic fresh flowers at TOP Orchids and surprise her when you land.
2. Frankfurt International Airport, Germany: If you are flying to the US or back, there’s a good chance you will touch down at continental Europe’s largest airport which is also a shopper’s paradise. Terminal 1 has the largest spread of brands from Etro and Hermès to Germany’s very own SØR that houses premium brands like Gant. Look out for the Porsche Design store for a range of high-octane accessories and if you need to refuel head to Marché that offers crispy salads and fresh hand-squeezed juices in a market like environment. Don’t fret if you don’t have much time at the airport just order your Duty free goodies from Heinemann’s online, flash your boarding pass and pick it all up in a jiffy
3. Dubai International Airport, UAE: The words Dubai and Duty free are almost inseparable, it’s not surprising given the sheer size and shopping buzz at the world’s largest duty free operation. Best known for its high-stakes raffle draws where you can win luxury automobiles (Like the Maybach 62S Landaulet last year) or $2 million in cash, Dubai Duty Free's 200,000 plus sq ft is every shopaholic’s dream come true. There are fabulous deals on jewellery, a wide selection of fragrances at prices lower than Dubai’s glitzy malls and an eclectic selection of French wines at Le Clos.
4. Heathrow London, UK: With about 200,000 passengers passing through its gates every single day, the world’s third busiest airport might be too chaotic for your liking. That is until you focus on your priorities. The crowds suddenly become a blur and you can indulge in retail therapy. Look for special deals on British designer brands like Mulberry and Ted Baker that comfortably rub shoulders with International favourites like Jimmy Choo and Mont Blanc. And if you are a whisky connoisseur, you will feel at home at World of Whiskies that boasts of a range of nearly 350 malts.
5. Hong Kong International Airport: The Skytrax International airport of the year (2011) enjoys the advantage of being one of the world’s newest and one of the best designed. Terminal 1 with over 160 shops is a shoppers hub and one of the first airports to feature exclusive outlets for brands like Prada, Kiehl’s and Giorgio Armani Cosmetics. And if you want to escape the brood you can either pack them off to the 4D theatre and shop for your gadgets in peace or let them shop for toys in Terminal 2 while you tee off at the 9-hole golf course.
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. IREAUSOne-off ODITue, Sep 27, 2016Benoni, South AfricaAustralia vs Ireland ODI S...
- Upcoming matchvs. WIPAK3rd T20ITue, Sep 27, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies T2...
- Upcoming matchvs. AFGBAN2nd ODIWed, Sep 28, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshAfghanistan in Bangladesh ...
Latest Photo Albums
As India plays its 500th Test match at Kanpur vs New Zealand, we take a look at the breakthrough moments in Indian cricket when the team registered its first overseas Test wins against each team. More » In pictures: India's foreign conquests
As India plays its 500th Test, we flip through the pages of history and look back at India's journey so far. More » India in Tests: a glorious journey
Here are five important pointers the Kiwis will have to execute on the field, to have a semblance of a chance to upset India’s applecart. More » What Kiwis must do to win the Test series vs India?
As India gears up to take on New Zealand, we look at their best batting performances against each other over the years. More » India vs New Zealand: Best batting scores
Pragmatists would maintain that 'astrology' is a whole lot of bunkum. But here are 12 cricketers who could convince the most practical people to doubt their intrinsic beliefs about astrology, by having lived up to the very characteristic of the zodiac signs they are born under.
More » 12 stalwarts of cricket born under 12 signs of the zodiac
We take a look at the top bowling performances by both Indian and New Zealand bowlers against each other across three formats over the years. More » India vs New Zealand: best bowling performances
As New Zealand gears up to take on India, we take a look at the highest and lowest totals posted by each team against each other across the three formats. More » India vs New Zealand: the highs and lows
As the India-New Zealand Test series starts off from September 22, we take a look at 10 players from both sides who hold the power to change the destiny of a match or the series. These players have been picked keeping in mind their recent form and the pitch conditions. More » 10 cricketers to watch out for in India-NZ Test series
India has lost only 4 matches whenever Virat Kohli has scored a century in ODIs. Of his 25 centuries, 15 have come while chasing which speaks volumes of his performance under pressure. We take a look at the top 10 match-winning knocks Kohli has played for India. More » Kohli's top 10: best match-winning ODI knocks
-By Chaitra Anand
India is undoubtedly a cricket-crazy/ Bollywood-crazy nation. But when the two come together, there can't be a better treat for fans. In recent times, Bollywood has ventured into making biopics on cricketing legends, including Mohammad Azharuddin and MS Dhoni. … More » Cricketers who have acted in Bollywood films
Want to know who are the 'Bachcha', 'Muscles' and 'Babu' of Indian cricket? Well, now look no further. If you know of any more, please mention them in the Comments section. More » Nicknames of Indian cricketers
Want to know who are the 'Bachcha', 'Muscles' and 'Babu' of Indian cricket? Well, now look no further.
If you know of any more, please mention them in the Comments section. [TAG: CYCSPL]
More » Nicknames of Indian cricketers
Here is a list of Indian cricketers with the highest earnings from ad campaigns, the brands they endorse and the fees they charge per endorsement. (Figures updated till 2015 end) More » 10 highest paid Indian cricketers for brand endorsements