5 Shopping Havens (That Double As Airports)
Make sure you arrive well in advance if you're flying from any of these duty-free paradises
1. Changi Airport, : With over 300 shopping and retail outlets, you are always spoilt for choice irrespective of which of the three terminals your flight takes off from. Once you are done exploring all the gadgets and fragrances on offer you can shop for her at the only Chloe or Miu Miu stores at any airport worldwide or check out local fashion brands like Charles & Keith or Chomel. And if you are lucky enough to be there on a weekend checkout a whole range of ‘Fabulous Friday Deals’ for random people on your shopping list or pick up some exotic fresh flowers at TOP Orchids and surprise her when you land.
2. Frankfurt International Airport, Germany: If you are flying to the US or back, there’s a good chance you will touch down at continental Europe’s largest airport which is also a shopper’s paradise. Terminal 1 has the largest spread of brands from Etro and Hermès to Germany’s very own SØR that houses premium brands like Gant. Look out for the Porsche Design store for a range of high-octane accessories and if you need to refuel head to Marché that offers crispy salads and fresh hand-squeezed juices in a market like environment. Don’t fret if you don’t have much time at the airport just order your Duty free goodies from Heinemann’s online, flash your boarding pass and pick it all up in a jiffy
3. Dubai International Airport, UAE: The words Dubai and Duty free are almost inseparable, it’s not surprising given the sheer size and shopping buzz at the world’s largest duty free operation. Best known for its high-stakes raffle draws where you can win luxury automobiles (Like the Maybach 62S Landaulet last year) or $2 million in cash, Dubai Duty Free's 200,000 plus sq ft is every shopaholic’s dream come true. There are fabulous deals on jewellery, a wide selection of fragrances at prices lower than Dubai’s glitzy malls and an eclectic selection of French wines at Le Clos.
4. Heathrow London, UK: With about 200,000 passengers passing through its gates every single day, the world’s third busiest airport might be too chaotic for your liking. That is until you focus on your priorities. The crowds suddenly become a blur and you can indulge in retail therapy. Look for special deals on British designer brands like Mulberry and Ted Baker that comfortably rub shoulders with International favourites like Jimmy Choo and Mont Blanc. And if you are a whisky connoisseur, you will feel at home at World of Whiskies that boasts of a range of nearly 350 malts.
5. Hong Kong International Airport: The Skytrax International airport of the year (2011) enjoys the advantage of being one of the world’s newest and one of the best designed. Terminal 1 with over 160 shops is a shoppers hub and one of the first airports to feature exclusive outlets for brands like Prada, Kiehl’s and Giorgio Armani Cosmetics. And if you want to escape the brood you can either pack them off to the 4D theatre and shop for your gadgets in peace or let them shop for toys in Terminal 2 while you tee off at the 9-hole golf course.
- SCO won by 7 wkts.vs. SCOOMNMatch 12Thu, Jan 19, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- IND won by 15 runsvs. ENGIND2nd ODIThu, Jan 19, 2017Cuttack, IndiaEngland in India ODI Serie...
- Matchvs. NAMAFGMatch 11Thu, Jan 19, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- live match BAN 260/8 (71.2 Overs)vs. BANNZ2nd TestLIVECurrent Run Rate 3.64Christchurch, New ZealandBangladesh in New Zealand ...
- Upcoming matchvs. OMNAFG1st Semi FinalFri, Jan 20, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- Upcoming matchvs. ZIMSLMatch 5Fri, Jan 20, 2017Paarl, South AfricaTri-Nation Under-19s Tourn...
- Upcoming matchvs. SCOIRE2nd Semi FinalFri, Jan 20, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
Latest Photo Albums
The Indian legend turned 44 on January 11th, 2017. We look back at some special moments from his life and career. More » Rahul Dravid: Another brick in the wall
It’s Ishant Sharma’s 28th birthday. Have you wished him? [CYCSPL]More » Ishant Sharma: Tall Of Fame
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has left an immeasureable legacy in Indian cricket. The records he has set will be immensely hard to match for any Indian captain in times to come. Take a look. More » Photos: Captain Cool's coolest moments
2016 saw some great servants of the game calling it a day. While some were past their prime, there were a few who had it in them to go on for a few years more, but instead opted to call it a day.
(With inputs from Sportskeeda) More » Photos: 5 cricketers we bid adieu to in 2016
Virat Kohli has equalled Azharuddin as India's third-most successful Test captain of all time. He now has 14 Test wins in 22 matches as captain. Mohammed Azharuddin also has 14 Test wins - only, he needed as many as 47 Test matches to get there. Take a look at the most successful Test captains in … More » Most Test wins as India captain
The Indian all-rounder turned 35 on December 12.12.2016. Here's a pictorial look at his life and times in the public eye. More » Yuvraj Singh: Select Moments
September 19, 2007: It has been nice years since Yuvraj Singh hit Stuart Broad for six sixes in an over during the 2007 T20 World Cup at Kingsmead, Durban. As he turns 35, we take a trip down memory … More » Yuvraj Singh's 666666 Pack
From Sunny to Kohli, these Indian captains believed in leading by example. More » Top 5 Highest Test scores by an Indian captain