5 Shopping Havens (That Double As Airports)
Make sure you arrive well in advance if you're flying from any of these duty-free paradises
1. Changi Airport, : With over 300 shopping and retail outlets, you are always spoilt for choice irrespective of which of the three terminals your flight takes off from. Once you are done exploring all the gadgets and fragrances on offer you can shop for her at the only Chloe or Miu Miu stores at any airport worldwide or check out local fashion brands like Charles & Keith or Chomel. And if you are lucky enough to be there on a weekend checkout a whole range of ‘Fabulous Friday Deals’ for random people on your shopping list or pick up some exotic fresh flowers at TOP Orchids and surprise her when you land.
2. Frankfurt International Airport, Germany: If you are flying to the US or back, there’s a good chance you will touch down at continental Europe’s largest airport which is also a shopper’s paradise. Terminal 1 has the largest spread of brands from Etro and Hermès to Germany’s very own SØR that houses premium brands like Gant. Look out for the Porsche Design store for a range of high-octane accessories and if you need to refuel head to Marché that offers crispy salads and fresh hand-squeezed juices in a market like environment. Don’t fret if you don’t have much time at the airport just order your Duty free goodies from Heinemann’s online, flash your boarding pass and pick it all up in a jiffy
3. Dubai International Airport, UAE: The words Dubai and Duty free are almost inseparable, it’s not surprising given the sheer size and shopping buzz at the world’s largest duty free operation. Best known for its high-stakes raffle draws where you can win luxury automobiles (Like the Maybach 62S Landaulet last year) or $2 million in cash, Dubai Duty Free's 200,000 plus sq ft is every shopaholic’s dream come true. There are fabulous deals on jewellery, a wide selection of fragrances at prices lower than Dubai’s glitzy malls and an eclectic selection of French wines at Le Clos.
4. Heathrow London, UK: With about 200,000 passengers passing through its gates every single day, the world’s third busiest airport might be too chaotic for your liking. That is until you focus on your priorities. The crowds suddenly become a blur and you can indulge in retail therapy. Look for special deals on British designer brands like Mulberry and Ted Baker that comfortably rub shoulders with International favourites like Jimmy Choo and Mont Blanc. And if you are a whisky connoisseur, you will feel at home at World of Whiskies that boasts of a range of nearly 350 malts.
5. Hong Kong International Airport: The Skytrax International airport of the year (2011) enjoys the advantage of being one of the world’s newest and one of the best designed. Terminal 1 with over 160 shops is a shoppers hub and one of the first airports to feature exclusive outlets for brands like Prada, Kiehl’s and Giorgio Armani Cosmetics. And if you want to escape the brood you can either pack them off to the 4D theatre and shop for your gadgets in peace or let them shop for toys in Terminal 2 while you tee off at the 9-hole golf course.
- live match BAN 246/8 (88.1 Overs)vs. SABAN2nd TestLIVECurrent Run Rate 2.79Mirpur, BangladeshSouth Africa in Bangladesh...
- Upcoming matchvs. NZZIM2nd ODITue, Aug 04, 2015Harare, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe OD...
- vs. AUSENG4th TestThu, Aug 06, 2015Thu, Aug 06, 2015Nottingham, EnglandThe Ashes, 2015...
- vs. NZZIM3rd ODIFri, Aug 07, 2015Fri, Aug 07, 2015Harare, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe OD...
Latest Photo Albums
Tillakaratne Dilshan Sunday became the 11th batsman and the fourth Sri Lankan to compile 10,000 runs in one-day cricket, achieving the feat against Pakistan in Hambantota.
The flamboyant 38-year-old reached the landmark in his 319th match when he took a single off Shoaib Malik to move to 55, … More » Dilshan joins 10000-run ODI club
Tendulkar junior, a budding left-arm seamer, turned his arm over at England's batsmen during a practice session ahead of the second Ashes Test at Lord's. [READ REPORT] More » Arjun Tendulkar: Like father, like son
Action images from Harare. More » Zimbabwe vs India, 1st ODI
The former India captain turns 43 on July 8, 2015. [CYCSPL] More » Sourav Ganguly: Over The Years
Action images from the Khan shaheb Oshman Ali Stadium, June 10-14, 2015. [Scoreboard] More » Bangladesh vs India, One-off Test in Fatullah
Mumbai Indians completed one of the most remarkable turnarounds in the eight-year history of the Indian Premier league by transforming a terrible start to the tournament - they were at the bottom of the table for the first two weeks - into a title win.
More » Action photos: The Mumbai-Chennai IPL final
Royal Challengers Bangalore set up a clash with Chennai Super Kings for a place in the final as they sent Rajasthan Royals out of the tournament. More » IPL8: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
A timely half-century by opener Lendl Simmons and some quality bowling helped Mumbai Indians secure a place in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2015 final with a 25-run victory over Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in … More » IPL8: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
JP Duminy, the Delhi Daredevils captain, elected to bat at the Wankhede Stadium against Mumbai Indians. Duminy felt the wicket wasn't going to change much, and said it might offer "a little bit of turn" in the latter half. His counterpart, Rohit Sharma, sounded pleased with his team's recent run, … More » IPL 8: Mumbai versus Delhi, the highlights in photos
MUMBAI: Ajinkya Rahane and Karun Nair displayed superb batting skills to help Rajasthan Royals post a challenging 189/2 against Delhi Daredevils in an Indian Premer League (IPL) match at the Brabourne Stadium here on Sunday.
More » IPL8: Rajasthan Royals beat Delhi Daredevils by 14 runs
Opening batsmen Lendl Simmons (71 in 56 balls) and Parthiv Patel (59 in 36 balls) helped Mumbai Indians (MI) register their … More » IPL8: Mumbai Indians thrash Kings XI Punjab by 23 runs
If you thought that the cheerleaders earn a lot during the Indian Premier League games, think again. While the pay may vary from team to team, with franchises like Royal Challengers Bangalore, Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders paying a bit more than the others, reports say that at an … More » IPL8: Cheerleaders and what they earn in a season