New Delhi, June 30 (IANS) A 21-year-old youth was electrocuted outside his house when he came into contact with a live wire dangling from an electric pole, police said Sunday.
The incident took place in east Delhi's Old Mustfabad area Saturday night.
Ramjaan Ansari was rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital where he was declared dead.
His neighbours staged an angry protest outside Karawal Nagar police station Sunday and pelted stones at police vehicles. The youth's family blamed BSES employees for negligence.
"A case of negligence has been registered against BSES and a probe is on," a police officer added.