London, Jan 24(ANI): The 21-year-old woman, who has accused four footballers from Brighton and Hove Albion including Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers' son of sexually assaulting her, has rebutted a defence suggestion that she voluntarily went into the bed with the football players.
The woman also refuted a defence implication that she tried to kiss and cuddle football stars George Barker and Anton Rodgers who were dressed in their boxer shorts, the Daily Mail reports.
The prosecution at the Old Bailey alleges the players took mobile phone photographs showing lewd scenes, it further reported.
Mark Cotter, defending Barker, suggested the woman was a prolific liar who had lied about photographs she had seen on a mobile phone.
Asked in the court if she had seriously exaggerated the contents of pictures, she replied that it was humiliating and the footballers should not have done it, adding they have to live with it.
Brighton players Anton Rodgers, 19, Lewis Dunk, 21, and George Barker, 21, and former team-mate Steve Cook, 21, who now plays for Bournemouth, have denied sexual assault and voyeurism charges, the paper said.
The offence is alleged to have taken place in July 2011 at the Jurys Inn hotel in Brighton after the club's victory in a cup match.
The woman, who was 19 at the time, said she had been drinking in clubs but denied she had 15 shots of alcohol before passing out, the paper reported.
Brian O'Neill QC, for Dunk, suggested she had told 10 significant lies to the police and was trying to mingle with the Brighton footballers. (ANI)