LONDON: Another twist was added to bladder-happy Monty Panesar`s recently torrid life as it was reported that his former wife had been granted a non-molestation order that she had filed to keep him away.
This follows the troubled England bowler's last-week sacking by county Sussex after he urinated on nightclub bouncers, while in an inebriated condition.
According to the Mirror, Gursharan Rattan`s request was granted by a judge a few months after Panesar was arrested over allegations of a public flare-up with her outside a pub in 2011.
Panesar had then been released without charges, but Rattan, a pharmacist, divorced him nonetheless. The report went on to blame domestic troubles for Panesar's loss of form and his subsequent ejection from the England squad.
A devout Sikh Panesar had recently admitted that he started drinking since his divorce last year.
Also see: Panesar sacked
Also see: England's call of nature
Also see: Streaming celebrations
Wife trouble for 'whiz' kid Monty
Panesar's wife had filed a non-molestation order against him in 2011.Yahoo! Cricket – Tue 27 Aug, 2013 8:01 PM IST
- ENG won by 330 runsvs. PAKENG2nd TestFri, Jul 22, 2016Manchester, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- IND won by an inn.vs. INDWI1st TestThu, Jul 21, 2016Antigua, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- IRE won by 12 runsvs. AFGIRE5th ODITue, Jul 19, 2016Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAfghanistan in Ireland ODI...
- vs. INDWI2nd TestSat, Jul 30, 2016Sat, Jul 30, 2016Kingston, Jamaica, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- vs. PAKENG3rd TestWed, Aug 03, 2016Wed, Aug 03, 2016Birmingham, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- vs. AUSSL2nd TestThu, Aug 04, 2016Thu, Aug 04, 2016Galle, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
1 - 4 of 20