New Delhi: England batsman Kevin Pietersen and former England skipper Michael Vaughan Sunday congratulated pacer James Anderson on becoming the most successful English bowler of all time.
The 30-year-old now has 529 wickets in all three forms of cricket put together - Test, One-Day International (ODI) and T20 International. Anderson overtook one of the greatest all-rounders of all time Ian Botham, who had 528 wickets, having played only in Tests and ODIs.
"Awesome from @JimmyAnderson9! England's all time highest wicket taker.. Congrats Jimbob!!!" tweeted Pietersen.
Vaughan also lauded Anderson's efforts.
"Congrats to @JimmyAnderson9 for becoming England's leading wicket taker of all time... Great effort for a lad from Burnley....."
Anderson achieved this feat when he bowled New Zealand opener B.J. Watling in the first of the three ODIs between the two sides in Hamilton.
Anderson is now just two wickets behind former pacer Darren Gough in the list of highest wicket takers in ODIs from England.
Vaughan, Pietersen congratulate AndersonBy IANS | Yahoo! Cricket – Mon 18 Feb, 2013 1:26 PM IST
- ENG won by 330 runsvs. PAKENG2nd TestFri, Jul 22, 2016Manchester, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- IND won by an inn.vs. INDWI1st TestThu, Jul 21, 2016Antigua, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- IRE won by 12 runsvs. AFGIRE5th ODITue, Jul 19, 2016Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAfghanistan in Ireland ODI...
- Upcoming matchvs. INDWI2nd TestSat, Jul 30, 2016Kingston, Jamaica, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- vs. PAKENG3rd TestWed, Aug 03, 2016Wed, Aug 03, 2016Birmingham, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- vs. AUSSL2nd TestThu, Aug 04, 2016Thu, Aug 04, 2016Galle, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
1 - 4 of 20