Gurgaon, July 13 (IANS) Two employees of the Narnaul City Council were electrocuted to death while preparing a wedding site for Haryana Health Minister Rao Narender Singh's daughter, police said Saturday.
The incident occurred in Narnaul, a district headquarter town of south Haryana, some 100 km from here.
Rakesh, 36, and Vikas, 35, were electrocuted Friday late evening while they were erecting iron poles to hoist flags for the ceremony, police said.
A pole came into contact with a high tension wire. They died on the spot. The deceased's kin and neighbours from Balmiki Basti blocked traffic at Mahavir Chowk.
The district administration has announced a compensation of Rs.2 lakh to each of the deceased's family and temporary jobs for them.
A case has been registered against the contractor. No arrests have been made yet, police said.