Islamabad, Jan 4 (IANS) Three people died after consuming poisonous cough syrup in Pakistan's Punjab province, Daily Times reported Friday.
Last Sunday, a staggering 34 people died in Gujranwala, an industrial city, after consuming adulterated cough syrup.
The latest deaths were reported Thursday in the province's Chunnian city. A 16-year-old Muhammad Tariq fell unconscious after drinking the syrup containing dexomethorphine, a cough suppressant. But he died while being rushed to the hospital.
In another incident, one Ghulam Muhammad died after taking the cough syrup.
A 20-year-old Muhamad Imran, a resident of Baghwala town, died after taking Tyno syrup, which was banned for sale or purchase by the Lahore High Court earlier this week.