‘Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?’
This famous phrase has always been associated with women. Of course, a woman always wants to look beautiful and young. But, ageing is a natural process that cannot be stalled. However, makeup is something that can definitely conceal a few years from your face. It is just that you need to know some simple tricks, best suited for your age.
6 Basic Makeup Tips Every Woman should Know
Tips for creating the perfect smoky eye look
How to Apply Lip Colour in 6 Different Ways
Before we come to makeup, there are some simple skin care tips that women of every age group should follow. Natural beauty comes from within and not from makeup.
Always apply sunscreen to protect your skin from exposure to harmful sun rays. It is also important to keep your skin hydrated by drinking ample water.
Understand your skin type and its skin care requirements. Every skin type has different requirements.
It is important to pay attention to your lifestyle, as well. A balanced and healthy diet is very important for your skin.Women in 20s
Women are naturally blessed with a perfect skin at this age. So, here are some simple makeup tips for girls in 20s.
Being young gives us the liberty to experiment with endless makeup products. So, it becomes all the more essential to follow the 'CTM' regime.
Before going to bed always clean your skin followed by a toner to close the open pores and then a moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated.
- This is the best time to find out different products that suit your skin in different seasons. This will help you in long-run when you will have less room for trial and error.
- Always apply a concealer to mask your dark circles and other skin blemishes.
- Apply a tinted moisturiser and foundation to balance the skin tone and to get that rosy glow on your cheeks.
- Go for rich and vibrant colours for your eyes and lips. But, always use good quality products only.
Apart from the normal skin care regime that you might have already developed, here are a few more makeup tips for those in 30s.
- Apply a blush that matches your skin colour, to give your face a glowing and fresh appeal instantly.
- Always apply two strokes of blush. The first one should blend into your skin, while a brighter shade will help to highlight your beautiful features.
- Make sure to keep a neutral lip colour in your kit, which will add to your personality without being loud or garish.
- An eye cream will take care of the sensitive skin under your eyes.
- By this time you should already be sure about what colours suit your face. So, it is best to stick to a palette of colour that looks good on you.
In 40s, you have to pay more care to your fine lines. At this age your makeup mantra should be minimal and natural.
- Always use a primer, because it will help to hide your fine lines and age spots.
- Use cream based blushes and eyeshadows, as they will help to hide fine lines around your cheeks and eyes.
- It is best to go for more neutral colours at this age.
- Use eyeliner and mascara to define and highlight your eyes. Remember, it is best to use matching colours for both.
- Highlight those odd silver streaks of grey hair with any hair colour that suits you. This would add up to your personality as well.
- Also experiment with very subtle and soft plum shades for your eyes and pink shades for your lips.
The skin at this age tends to lose its natural moisture due to hormonal changes associated with menopause. So, make sure to moisturise your skin regularly by using extra-rich formula.
- Say ‘No’ to heavy foundations, which might look like a mask on your face, as skin tends to lose its elasticity at this age.
- Lightweight and cream based foundations are your safe bet.
- Sport a smart and elegant haircut that will give you a well-groomed look.
- Highlight your lips and eyes using matching lip pencils and eye makeup.
- Be regular in using a rich moisturiser even when you are not wearing any makeup.
- As your eyebrows get sparser at this age, lightly line them using eyeshadow and an eyebrow brush for a natural look.
Indeed, makeup is a woman's best friend at all ages! So, just use these simple makeup tips to flaunt a young and beautiful you, always!