To keep you updated with the latest news here and abroad, Yahoo! Philippines is giving you a roundup of morning headlines. Here are five things you need to know this Wednesday, July 24:
1. Miriam hits flashy SONA outfits. Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago, who was not able to attend President Benigno Aquino’s fourth State of the Nation Address, is planning to file a resolution banning extravagant outfits during the state affair.
2. Pinoys among world’s most confident consumers. The Philippines posted the second highest consumer confidence globally, topped only by Indonesia, a new poll showed. Southeast Asian countries figured prominently in the top-10 rankings during the second quarter released by Nielsen.
3. 9-year-old mom headlines Cinemalaya’s ‘Nuwebe.’ A film based on the true story of a 9-year-old mom in a rural Mindanao town is making a buzz as it becomes one of the more controversial entries in this year’s Cinemlaya Film Festival.
4. Will and Kate home with royal baby. After nine months of excitement over the firstborn child of Britain’s Will and Kate, the public caught a first glimpse of the royal baby which is now in line for the throne.
5. LeBron James: ‘I will continue to inspire, to be a leader.’ "Mabuhay, Philippines!" were the first words NBA star LeBron James uttered as he faced Philippine media Tuesday. Asked about his legacy, the four-time MVP said: “My resume is for history to decide.”
Video you should watch: First look at Britain's royal baby
Today in history: Antonio Jayme, a lawyer and member of the first Philippine Assembly was born on July 24, 1854. He died on October 19, 1937.