To help us overlook the mediocre New Zealand competition in the current series being played in West Indies, we travel to New Zealand to put its entire ODI cricket history under the Impact Index scanner.
From 1973 to 2012 (before the current series in West Indies), New Zealand played 620 matches and won 268 with a win-loss ratio of 0.85. Their highest score is 402, lowest 64. They have never won the World Cup, not even reached the final once till date (though they probably should have in 1999). In 2000 though, they did win the ICC Champions Trophy.
We present three lists – of players, batsmen and bowlers. The minimum qualification to be on these lists is to have played 75 matches. A match is considered in this system only when there is a result, and if the player has bowled or batted, as the case may be.
Here are the highest impact ODI players in New Zealand’s history.
These Kiwis could fly
In Part 4 of our ongoing series, we look at New Zealand's highest impact makers in ODIsBy Impact Index | Yahoo! Cricket – Mon 9 Jul, 2012 3:37 PM IST
Recent Articles by Impact Index
- NZ won by 9 wkts.vs. BANNZ2nd TestThu, Jan 19, 2017Christchurch, New ZealandBangladesh in New Zealand ...
- SL won by 3 wkts.vs. SLSA2nd T20ISun, Jan 22, 2017Johannesburg, South AfricaSri Lanka in South Africa ...
- ENG won by 5 runsvs. ENGIND3rd ODISun, Jan 22, 2017Kolkata, IndiaEngland in India ODI Serie...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. SCOUAEMatch 2Tue, Jan 24, 2017Dubai, United Arab EmiratesUnited Arab Emirates Tri-N...
- Upcoming matchvs. ZIMSLMatch 7Tue, Jan 24, 2017Stellenbosch University 1, South AfricaTri-Nation Under-19s Tourn...
- Upcoming matchvs. ZIMSAMatch 8Wed, Jan 25, 2017Paarl, South AfricaTri-Nation Under-19s Tourn...
1 - 4 of 50
1 - 4 of 37