New Delhi: Both Rajasthan Royals' Rahul Dravid and Mumbai Indians' Sachin Tendulkar, playing their last Twenty20 match of their careers, received a guard of honour from their teammates during the Champions League Twenty20 final at the Ferozeshah Kotla here on Sunday.
Rajasthan Royals cricketers offered the ceremonial salute to their skipper Dravid as they entered the field after electing to field. In his typical style, the 40-year-old Dravid nodded and walked onto the ground for the final time.
On the other hand, Tendulkar was given the guard of honour after being bowled by Shane Watson for 15. The entire Mumbai Indians' dugout came onto the ground to welcome back the legend to the pavilion.
The batting great got a standing ovation from the crowd, who were chanting "Sachin, Sachin". Tendulkar took off his helmet, raised his bat, and acknowledged the packed crowd of 45,000 at Kotla while walking back.
Dravid retired from international cricket at the beginning of 2012 while Tendulkar, who retired from One-Day International cricket last December, still plays Tests.
Tendulkar and Dravid given guard of honourIANS – Sun 6 Oct, 2013 10:29 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- PAK won by 133 runsvs. WIPAK2nd TestFri, Oct 21, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies Te...
- ENG won by 22 runsvs. ENGBAN1st TestThu, Oct 20, 2016Chittagong, BangladeshEngland in Bangladesh Test...
- IND won by 7 wkts.vs. NZIND3rd ODISun, Oct 23, 2016Mohali, IndiaNew Zealand in India ODI S...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. NZIND4th ODIWed, Oct 26, 2016Ranchi, IndiaNew Zealand in India ODI S...
- vs. ENGBAN2nd TestFri, Oct 28, 2016Fri, Oct 28, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshEngland in Bangladesh Test...
- vs. SLZIM1st TestSat, Oct 29, 2016Sat, Oct 29, 2016Harare, ZimbabweSri Lanka in Zimbabwe Test...