New Delhi: Both Rajasthan Royals' Rahul Dravid and Mumbai Indians' Sachin Tendulkar, playing their last Twenty20 match of their careers, received a guard of honour from their teammates during the Champions League Twenty20 final at the Ferozeshah Kotla here on Sunday.
Rajasthan Royals cricketers offered the ceremonial salute to their skipper Dravid as they entered the field after electing to field. In his typical style, the 40-year-old Dravid nodded and walked onto the ground for the final time.
On the other hand, Tendulkar was given the guard of honour after being bowled by Shane Watson for 15. The entire Mumbai Indians' dugout came onto the ground to welcome back the legend to the pavilion.
The batting great got a standing ovation from the crowd, who were chanting "Sachin, Sachin". Tendulkar took off his helmet, raised his bat, and acknowledged the packed crowd of 45,000 at Kotla while walking back.
Dravid retired from international cricket at the beginning of 2012 while Tendulkar, who retired from One-Day International cricket last December, still plays Tests.
Tendulkar and Dravid given guard of honourIANS – Sun 6 Oct, 2013 10:29 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- HK won by 8 wkts.vs. OMNHK3rd T20IThu, Nov 26, 2015Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesOman in Hong Kong T20 Seri...
- OMN won by 4 runsvs. OMNHK2nd T20IWed, Nov 25, 2015Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesOman in Hong Kong T20 Seri...
- UAE won by 7 wkts.vs. OMNUAEOne-off T20ISun, Nov 22, 2015Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesOman vs United Arab Emirat...
- Upcoming matchvs. NZAUS3rd TestFri, Nov 27, 2015Adelaide, AustraliaTrans-Tasman Trophy, 2015...
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGPAK2nd T20IFri, Nov 27, 2015Dubai, United Arab EmiratesEngland vs Pakistan T20 Se...
- Upcoming matchvs. HKAFGOne-off T20ISat, Nov 28, 2015Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan in Hong Kong T...