New Delhi: Both Rajasthan Royals' Rahul Dravid and Mumbai Indians' Sachin Tendulkar, playing their last Twenty20 match of their careers, received a guard of honour from their teammates during the Champions League Twenty20 final at the Ferozeshah Kotla here on Sunday.
Rajasthan Royals cricketers offered the ceremonial salute to their skipper Dravid as they entered the field after electing to field. In his typical style, the 40-year-old Dravid nodded and walked onto the ground for the final time.
On the other hand, Tendulkar was given the guard of honour after being bowled by Shane Watson for 15. The entire Mumbai Indians' dugout came onto the ground to welcome back the legend to the pavilion.
The batting great got a standing ovation from the crowd, who were chanting "Sachin, Sachin". Tendulkar took off his helmet, raised his bat, and acknowledged the packed crowd of 45,000 at Kotla while walking back.
Dravid retired from international cricket at the beginning of 2012 while Tendulkar, who retired from One-Day International cricket last December, still plays Tests.
Tendulkar and Dravid given guard of honourIANS – Sun 6 Oct, 2013 10:29 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- IND won by 117 runsvs. INDSL3rd TestFri, Aug 28, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- ENG won by 5 runsvs. AUSENGOne-off T20IMon, Aug 31, 2015Cardiff, EnglandAustralia in England T20 S...
- AUS won by 23 runsvs. AUSIREOne-off ODIThu, Aug 27, 2015Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAustralia in Ireland ODI S...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSENG1st ODIThu, Sep 03, 2015Southampton, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- vs. AUSENG2nd ODISat, Sep 05, 2015Sat, Sep 05, 2015London, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- vs. AUSENG3rd ODITue, Sep 08, 2015Tue, Sep 08, 2015Manchester, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...