New Delhi: Both Rajasthan Royals' Rahul Dravid and Mumbai Indians' Sachin Tendulkar, playing their last Twenty20 match of their careers, received a guard of honour from their teammates during the Champions League Twenty20 final at the Ferozeshah Kotla here on Sunday.
Rajasthan Royals cricketers offered the ceremonial salute to their skipper Dravid as they entered the field after electing to field. In his typical style, the 40-year-old Dravid nodded and walked onto the ground for the final time.
On the other hand, Tendulkar was given the guard of honour after being bowled by Shane Watson for 15. The entire Mumbai Indians' dugout came onto the ground to welcome back the legend to the pavilion.
The batting great got a standing ovation from the crowd, who were chanting "Sachin, Sachin". Tendulkar took off his helmet, raised his bat, and acknowledged the packed crowd of 45,000 at Kotla while walking back.
Dravid retired from international cricket at the beginning of 2012 while Tendulkar, who retired from One-Day International cricket last December, still plays Tests.
Tendulkar and Dravid given guard of honourIANS – Sun 6 Oct, 2013 10:29 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- SL won by 106 runsvs. AUSSL1st TestTue, Jul 26, 2016Kandy, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
- ENG won by 330 runsvs. PAKENG2nd TestFri, Jul 22, 2016Manchester, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- IND won by an inn.vs. INDWI1st TestThu, Jul 21, 2016Antigua, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- vs. PAKENG3rd TestWed, Aug 03, 2016Wed, Aug 03, 2016Birmingham, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- vs. AUSSL2nd TestThu, Aug 04, 2016Thu, Aug 04, 2016Galle, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
- vs. NZZIM2nd TestSat, Aug 06, 2016Sat, Aug 06, 2016Bulawayo, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe Te...
1 - 4 of 20