London, Fen 27 (ANI): Tom Maynard, who was electrocuted after being hit by a Tube train after being high on cocaine cocktail in south west London last year, lost his life because he made wrong choices the night before that, according to the former cricketer's devastated family.
Maynard's family said on Wednesday that the player made choices that night that tragically cost him his life after an inquest heard how the player was high on a cocktail of cocaine, ecstasy and booze when he was killed on a railway line as he attempted to flee police, the Daily Mirror reports.
On Wednesday, a coroner heard how Maynard was almost four times the legal drink-drive limit and that tests on hair samples indicted he may have been a regular drug user up to three and half months before his death, the paper reported.
In a statement issued through the Professional Cricketers' Association, the Maynard family said the results of the inquest do not define their son, adding the fact that so very many people thought the world of him is what defines him as a person.
The PCA added that it was, saddened by the information, which has come to light from the inquest into Maynard's death, and confirms both its support for his family, friends and team-mates at this difficult time. (ANI)