Chennai, July 3 (IANS) Tamil actor Suriya Sivakumar, who recently announced that he will simultaneously shoot for two Tamil projects, is likely to go ahead with director Linguswamy's film, putting "Dhruva Natchathiram" on hold since its director Gautham Vasudev Menon is yet to finalise the leading lady.
"Suriya has already spent a lot of time on 'Singam 2', and therefore doesn't want to wait any longer and immediately wants to start his next project. However, since Gautham hasn't zeroed in on a heroine for his film, Suriya is most likely to start his project with Linguswamy first," a source close to Gautham told IANS.
"Suriya knows what a perfectionist Gautham is. He wants to give him ample time for casting and will start shooting with him after he has his team in place," source added.
"Dhruva Natchathiram" was launched in May, and since then Gautham has cast Simran, Parthiepan and Sudhanshu Pandey. For the leading lady role, Gautham was keen to choose between Amala Paul and Trisha Krishnan, but nothing materialised.
Will the delay force Suriya to drop the project?
"Nothing has been spoken about dropping the project. We will have a clear picture about the fate of the film in few days. We should wait for the official word from the makers," said the source.
This will be the third collaboration between Suriya and Gautham after blockbusters "Kaakha Kaakha" and "Vaarnam Aaiyram".
Meanwhile, Suriya is gearing up for the release of Tamil action-drama "Singam 2", releasing Friday.