Suarez to take Liverpool contract 'dispute' to Premier League

London, Aug 7 (ANI): Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has said that he is prepared to take his transfer case to the Premier League, claiming he was promised that he would be allowed to go if the club did not qualify for this season's Champions League.

According to Sky Sports, Suarez claimed that last year he had the opportunity to move to a big European club but he stayed on the understanding that he would be allowed to go, if they failed to qualify for the Champions League.

Suarez said that although he gave absolutely everything last season, it was not enough for a top-four finish and all he wanted now was for Liverpool to honour their agreement.

The Uruguayan said that he had the written contract and was happy to take it to the Premier League for them to decide the case, although he did not want it to come to that. (ANI)

Matches