The ongoing India Sri Lanka series might not be see the most exciting cricket being played, with all the matches so far being totally one-sided.
If you are looking for reasons to watch this series, then we give you 10 big reasons why you shouldn't miss the second ODI.
800- Sri Lanka would be playing their 800th ODI. Only Australia (901), India (918) & Pakistan (879) have played more.
• 85- If India win this ODI, it will mean that they have won 85 ODIs against Sri Lanka, the most by any side along with Pakistan(85).
• 46- Virat Kohli needs 46 runs to become the leading run scorer in ODIs in 2017. Currently, Faf du Plessis (814 Runs).
• 7- Shikhar Dhawan has managed 7 50+ scores against Sri Lanka in ODIs, he needs one more to manage his most 50+ scores against any International side. Currently, tied with West Indies (7).
o His average against Sri Lanka is 84.11, his most against any ODI opponent (Min 5 Matches played).
• 2- Lasith Malinga is just 2 wickets away from 300 ODI wickets for Sri Lanka, only Chaminda Vaas(399) among the Sri Lankan seamers has managed more.
• 24.1- Jasprit Bumrah’s bowling SR (Balls/Wicket) in 2016 was 24.1 in ODIs. It has come down to low 42.1 in 2017.
• 6/44- Thisara Perera’s best ODI figures of 6/44 have come at the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium. (vs Pakistan, 2012)
• 174*- Upul Tharanga’s highest score in ODI cricket has come against India (July 2013, Kingston).
o It helped Sri Lanka get their highest ODI score batting 1st against India: 348/1
• 40.28 - Kusal Mendis’ average while batting 1st in ODIs is 40.28, but it comes down to just 27.70 batting 2nd.
• 8- Yuzvendra Chahal has managed 8 Wickets in ODIs, all have come away from home.
o All of those 8 have come while bowling 1st & India have gone on to win all of those 4 matches.