Moscow, Oct 23 (IANS) Russia's Olympics chief organiser has denied reports that a torch used during the Sochi games relay had exploded.
Local media reported earlier that a torch blew up in the city of Kostroma during the relay ceremony and injured a 13-year-old girl, reports Xinhua.
Dmitry Chernyshenko, organising committee head of the Sochi games, said Tuesday that nobody got injured during the ceremony.
"There were no burns and the torch didn't blow up in a participant's hands," Chernyshenko said, adding it was a minor flare-up.
Meanwhile, the official said it was an adult staff member of the organising committee rather than a teenager who was involved in the incident.
Currently, the Olympic torch is in the opening stages of the relay. The Olympic flame will travel more than 65,000 km across Russia's 83 regions spanning 132 cities.