New Delhi, May 31 (ANI): Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde is expected to visit Chhattisgarh on Friday, days after Maoists wiped out most of the top state Congress leadership in Bastar District in an ambush.
On Thursday, Shinde condemned the Maoist attack in which 28 people, including two senior state Congress leaders, were killed.
Asked why he did not condemn the Maoist attack through a statement from the United States, Shinde said he did not feel the need for issuing any statement as he was in touch with officials of his ministry in the aftermath of the attack.
He said the government had information that the Maoists may try to target urban centres.
"There was specific information about Pune," Shinde said.
The Home Minister said a judicial inquiry has been ordered into the incident and added that the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is also involved in the probe.
He said the government may have to review its counter strategy according to changing tactics of the Maoists.
Shinde had earlier led a delegation to the United States for a homeland security dialogue before deciding to stay back for eye-related consultations. (ANI)