Shinde says operations are on against Naxals in Bihar, two killed, one injured

New Delhi, June 13 (ANI): Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Thursday informed that two persons, including a Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel, and one person has been injured in a Naxal attack on the Dhanbad-Patna Intercity Express in Bihar.

Shinde, who was addressing the mediapersons outside the North Block here, said the Naxalites attacked the train at around 1: 30 p.m.

"There were three Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel and five Railway Protection Security Force on board. One RPF jawan, who was attacked in the attack, is no more, and a civilian also is no more. And one person has been injured," said Shinde.

"The CRPF and the local police have reached the spot. The operation is on," he added.

Minister of State for Home R.P.N. Singh earlier in the day condemned the attack, and said that sources of arms and ammunition have dried up for Naxals and they have resorted to such measures.

"These attacks on people and political leaders are a sign that the Naxals are on the back foot," he said.

Two companies of CRPF have rushed to the spot to carry out a combing-cum-search operation against the Maoists who retreated into the forest after carrying out the daring attack on the train.

Over hundred Naxalites fired indiscriminately at the Inter-city Express after forcibly stopping the train between Bhalui and Kundra railway station in Jamui district. The ultras snatched arms from the RPF jawans.

The Indian Railways has set up help line numbers at Dhanbad, which are 0326- 2220016, 0326- 2220017 and 0326- 2220018. (ANI)

Matches