New Delhi, Oct 10 (IANS) Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde Thursday admitted "some (security) lapses" in dealing with militants who attacked in the Jammu region Sep 26, killing 12 people.
"Some lapses (were) there. We are inquiring," Shinde told reporters here.
He said the Centre had sought a report on the attack.
Shinde said there had been attempts of infiltration from border and Line of Control with Pakistan.
Four soldiers, six policemen and two civilians were killed in the terror attack in Jammu region Sep 26. Three militants, presumably from Pakistan, were also killed.
The heavily armed militants had first barged into a police station in Jammu region, killing eight people, and then drove off with a truck to attack an army base where they shot dead an officer and three soldiers.