Cricket fans during the upcoming India-West Indies Test in Mumbai could be in for a surprise as there is a possibility that batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar, who will be playing his farewell Test, may go out for the toss at the Wankhede Stadium.
Tendulkar could either go for the toss along with India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, or the Mumbai batsman may even lead the team in his final match on his home ground.
Dhoni recently hinted at a possible surprise for Sachin in the final Test. Speculation that Sachin may go for the toss is rife since it was the Mumbaikar himself, who had recommended Dhoni’s name for the captaincy and this may be how the skipper may want to show his gratitude for the retiring legend.
Tendulkar has led India in 25 Tests and 73 One-Day Internationals, but his captaincy record is not much to write home about with a win-loss record of four-nine. In ODIs, he managed to record 23 wins while losing 43.
Reproduced from Mail Today. Copyright 2013. MTNPL. All rights reserved.
- Where it all started
- Sachin's farewell match will be housefull!
- A ‘different’ gift that moved Tendulkar
- [STATS] How many records does Tendulkar own?
- [QUIZ] How well do you know Tendulkar?
- Sachin Tendulkar: The autograph of a genuine genius
- Y! Special: Farewell, Sachin. SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!
- I would have retired a year earlier: Ganguly
- Tendulkar is to cricket what Ali is to boxing: Lara
- Sachin has not overstayed, says Gilchrist