Dravid: Testing times.
Fraternity reactions | Hall of shame | Underworld hand | Fixers in 5-day custody | Sreesanth's father apologises | RR banking on Dravid | Spot-Fixing: As it happened | Chandila wooed players | Police widen net | Royals' official statement
JAIPUR. The management of the controversy-hit Rajasthan Royals franchise have issued a press release stating their stand on the spot-fixing allegations made against their players. The text of the statement is as below.
All of the Rajasthan Royal owners, management, captain, coach and players and staff are shocked and disappointed at the entire situation which has caused immense distress to us all.
Rajasthan Royals wishes to clarify a number of matters, especially in relation to comments made in the media about the RR players currently under investigation:
- RR has launched a comprehensive internal investigation, and will make all information available to the authorities to assist with any on-going inquiries
- RR is closely coordinating with the BCCI and the IPL Governing Council to take whatever steps may be necessary in the current situation
- RR has noted statements which have been made today, including by Ajit Chandila's lawyer, Mr. Rakesh Kumar, suggesting that it was made aware of such matters: these are completely unfounded and are totally refuted. RR will take legal action in the event that such defamatory statements continue to be made by any person
- RR has also noted statements which suggest that there have been other related instances in the past. RR absolutely confirms that it has never had any knowledge of any such matters. RR works closely with the ACSU, and has always fully complied with all of its related obligations, as a participant in the IPL
- All RR players are fully aware of the zero-tolerance approach of the franchise with regard to corruption and have obligations in that regard through their player contracts with IPL and the franchise
Rajasthan Royals has suffered enormously as a result of the alleged actions of these players, and will fully support the BCCI and other authorities in rooting out this evil from the game of cricket.