Rihanna is the master of sweet, sultry style. Never one to shy away from revealing outfits, she knows exactly how to add a touch of sophistication. Case in point: RiRi’s red carpet look for the Hollywood premiere of Valerian.
The singer turned actress looked like a modern-day Cinderella in a soft pink Giambattista Valli couture dress, lace-up Manolo Blahnik heels, and brilliant hoop earrings. Rihanna nearly gave us a toothache with her cotton-candy-color ensemble, which showed just the right amount of skin. But, of course, we couldn’t resist zooming in closer to check out her pink-on-pink makeup.
While pink eyeshadow can sometimes skew childlike, Rihanna’s slick black eyeliner and perfectly placed highlighter makes it more grown-up.
1. Using the Sephora PRO Pigment Cool Palette, brush Tea Rose across entire lid in a half-moon shape. Add Orchid into the crease for depth, and highlight lids by placing Ballet in the center. Finish the eyeshadow by smudging Hot Chocolate along the lower lash line.
2. Create a wing with black felt liner. LaMar’s tool of choice: Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. Pro tip: If you struggle with eyeliner, start with drawing on small dashes, then connect into one seamless line.
3. Coat top and bottom lashes with Urban Decay Perversion Mascara.
4. Mix Lunar Glaze and Golden Dimension gel highlighters from the Sephora PRO Dimensional Highlighting Palette and smooth onto bridge of nose, Cupid’s bow, and upper cheekbones.
5. Complete the look with a swipe of pink lip gloss. Try: Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Gloss Lip Lacquer 316 French Tickler.
Hair details: Mizani platform artist and educator Reece copied Rihanna’s voluminous high ponytail in under 10 minutes, and she kept it simple with just three styling products. Reece massaged Thermasmooth Style & Style Again throughout Meredith’s locks to help create a wavy texture when curling hair with a flatiron. Next, she spritzed on the new Lived-In Finishing Spray to loosen up waves. Finally, Reece swept hair into a high pony and finished with HRM Humidity Resistant Mist to control flyaways. Ponytail won’t stay perched? No problem. Simply anchor the base by placing bobby pins vertically underneath to give it height.
To copy more celebrity beauty looks, check out our #CopyThat video series.
Read more from Yahoo Style + Beauty:
- Get Charlize Theron’s ‘Atomic Blonde’ Waves With This Flatiron Trick
- Get the Selena Gomez ‘Fetish’ Music Video Glow in 4 Simple Steps
- How to Get Ariana Grande’s Edgy High Ponytail