Sizzling pepper steak in bourbon sauce
Yearning to try out a new dish? What about a mix of meat and grilled veggies topped with Bourbon sauce that sizzles all the way? Here’s a recipe that will score you brownie points. Get set for that edgy high with this pepper steak sizzler.
10gms whole black pepper (kalimiri)
20gms rosemary (fresh)
100gms cabbage, cut into juliannes
300gms beef tenderloin
100gms brown sauce/ demiglace/chicken jus
2tbspn olive oil
30 gms parsley
10gms thyme (fresh)
Salt as per taste
2tbspn White wine (optional)
Grilled mix vegetables of your choice
1. Add blanched julienne of cabbage on the sizzler plate
2. Marinate the tenderloin steak with salt, pepper, rosemary and oil. Leave it aside for sometime
3. Dice the same into small cubes and sear in a pan
4. For the veggie accompaniment – bell pepper ( roundels) to be grilled, zucchini (slices) to be grilled, Broccoli (florets) to be blanched, baby corn (cut in halves), Skin on baby potatoes blanched and roasted with rosemary, Mushrooms to be cut in halves, carrots batons and spinach to be blanched.
5. Sauté clarified butter with chopped onion, garlic, thyme, parsley add all veggies deglaze with white wine.
6. Assemble the sizzler plate with vegetables topped with diced tenderloin and bourbon sauce.
For Bourbon Sauce
200gms cocktail onions (round shallots)
A spring of Rosemary
10gms onions (chopped)
10gms garlic (chopped)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
50gms demi glaze powder
60ml bourbon Whiskey/Jack Daniels
1. Saute onion, garlic and rosemary.
2. Add in cleaned shallots, sauté till light brown
3. Flambe with whiskey (30 ml)
4. Add in water, bring to a boil and take the pan off the flame.
5. Add in demi glaze powder, whisk vigorously to avoid forming lumps.
6. Reheat and bring to desired consistency (until the sauce coats the back of the spoon)
7. Add in the remaining whiskey in the ready sauce
8. Season and serve with your beef.
Recipe courtesy: Chef Simarpal Singh Virdi - Area Chef, Mangii Cafes Pvt Ltd.
Image courtesy:©Thinkstock photos/ Getty images
Related Articles -