Frequent injuries have pegged back his progress, but pacer Praveen Kumar believes he still has it in him to bounce back into the Indian side.
The 28-year-old Uttar Pradesh bowler has not found a place in the national side since an elbow injury sidelined him ahead of the 2011 World Cup. He had again injured himself ahead of the tour of Australia.
Although he played in the Commonwealth Bank series, the 2012 Asia Cup and this year's Indian Premier League, a form slump has kept him out of contention for national selection. But Praveen said that he is keeping no stones unturned to make a comeback.
“I am 100 per cent fit now. I am working hard and looking to do well in the upcoming domestic tournaments with some consistent performances later this year. Hopefully I can make a comeback to the Indian team,” Praveen said.
Praveen is delighted with the performance of the Indian team in the ICC Champions Trophy. He had special words of praise for the bowlers, particularly young Bhuvneshwar Kumar who plays with him for Uttar Pradesh in Ranji Trophy.
“It is a young team and the win will do them a lot of good. They have been performing well recently. The English conditions assist swing bowlers, so one expected Bhuvneshwar (Kumar) and Umesh (Yadav) to do well there. They lived up to the expectation and that is a good sign. The fact it was the last edition of the tournament made the victory even more special,” he said.
Asked if he shared any tips with Bhuvneshwar, Praveen said: “Bhuvneshwar is a smart and talented bowler. We have bowled together for Uttar Pradesh, so I have known him for some time now. He is hard working, he bowls according to his strengths and he knows what he needs to do,” he said.
Praveen working towards comeback to Indian team
I am 100 per cent fit now, he said.By Avishek Roy | Mail Today – Wed 3 Jul, 2013 8:48 AM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- ENG wickets (By Super Over)vs. ENGPAK3rd T20IMon, Nov 30, 2015Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesEngland vs Pakistan T20 Se...
- AFG won by 12 runsvs. OMNAFG2nd T20IMon, Nov 30, 2015Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Oman T20 Se...
- AUS won by 3 wkts.vs. NZAUS3rd TestFri, Nov 27, 2015Adelaide, AustraliaTrans-Tasman Trophy, 2015...
- No live matches are in progress.
- vs. SAIND4th TestThu, Dec 03, 2015Thu, Dec 03, 2015Delhi, IndiaSouth Africa in India Test...
- vs. SLNZ1st TestWed, Dec 09, 2015Wed, Dec 09, 2015Dunedin, New ZealandSri Lanka in New Zealand T...
- vs. WIAUS1st TestThu, Dec 10, 2015Thu, Dec 10, 2015Hobart, AustraliaThe Frank Worrell Trophy, ...