Petitioner who faced life threats to rekindle judges' detention case against Musharraf in 'national interest'

Lahore, July 14 (ANI): A lawyer, who had earlier withdrawn himself from pursuing the judges' detention case against former president retired Gen Pervez Musharraf, has announced his decision to pursue it again, citing "national interest".

Advocate Aslam Ghumman told Dawn News on Saturday that he had earlier withdrawn himself from the case as he had been receiving 'life threats', which had forced him to take that decision.

Ghumman said that although he was still receiving threats, he has decided to appear in the court on July 20 and pursue the judges' detention case against.

Ghumman was a petitioner in the case and on May 17 he had announced his decision to withdraw from it.

Meanwhile, Musharraf's political adviser Chaudhry Sarfraz Anjum Kahlon said that he would move to court against Ghumman, alleging that the lawyer had demanded a huge sum of money besides a one-year-stay in the UK for his and his family, the report said.

Ghumman, however, has dismissed the allegations, saying that they were part of a campaign the aides of General Musharraf were running against him. (ANI)

Matches