Karachi, Nov. 10 (ANI): Pakistani all-rounder Azhar Mahmood, who has not been a part of the Pakistan team since the 2007 World Cup, has said that while playing for Pakistan was still his priority, he was not desperate to don the national colours.
According to reports, Mahmood, who has not been a part of the Pakistan team since the 2007 World Cup, has returned to the selectors' good books as they mull over selection for the short limited-overs series against India in December and January.
"I've heard my name is under consideration. It's an honour for me but I'm not sure if I will agree to come for just one series. I'll need a concrete offer to make up my mind, as I haven't forgotten what happened to me. I am not a youngster anymore and at the twilight of my career, I will have to ensure a secure future," reports The Express Tribune quoted the 37-year-old Mahmood, as saying.
"My contract with my county and other T20 leagues will be at stake and it won't be wise to put everything at stake for just one series," he added.
Mahmood, who became a British citizen last year, also lamented that he was sidelined from the team 'without any reason'.
"What was my fault? I just played a single match in the World Cup and was sidelined afterwards. I've been performing consistently at various levels since but nobody considered me for a place, while other players were selected on basis of their league performances," he said.
"I just missed last year's season but featured in the previous years. I performed in 2010 and kept on calling the then selection committee but nobody listened," he added. (ANI)