Pak blind cricket team captain accidentally consumes acid

Islamabad: Pakistan's blind cricket team captain, Zeeshan Abbasi was hospitalised after he drank acid from a bottle which was supposed to contain water.

Abbasi, who is leading the country in the Blind Twenty 20 series underway in Bangalore, consumed the hazardous substance from a bottle on his table.

Chairman of Blind Cricket Council Sultan Shah expressed shock at the incident and said that such a thing had never happened before.

On Friday, Abbasi led the team to its fourth consecutive win in the tournament, and that too against India. Pakistan beat India by eight wickets.

"Why the acid was placed on his table or who put it there is under investigation," the Express Tribune quoted Shah, as saying.

Speaking to reporters team manager Bilal Satti alleged foul play,"It is a five star hotel. How could such an incident take place? What was an acid bottle doing on the breakfast table? I don't buy their explaination that it was kept on the table by mistake. I think somebody put the acid inside the bottle on purpose. The bottle was replaced," he said.

Abbasi was shifted to a hospital where he is under treatment he confirmed, adding that they had an argument with the hotel management over the incident.

The hotel management has assured the chairman that they will check through CCTV footage and find the reason behind such a mishap.

--

Did you know that you can get stories like this on the Yahoo mail app?
Download it here.

Matches